News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo recasting/Is this not illegal?

Started by brettnj, November 14, 2014, 06:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brettnj

tyrantqueen

Yes it is. At least he's being honest about it, instead of trying to pass it off as genuine, but it's a recast all the same.

SBell

That seller has always been a bit shady--using other people's photos, recasts, etc. And very expensive/overpriced.

brettnj

I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing or misinterpreting something.

And yes, Sean, it amazes (and infuriates) me that this guy charges so much and makes so many sales.

CityRaptor

Sadly eBay is full of recasts. Especially from sellers in Thailand. Sure, they all say that it is a recast, but they also use pictures from the original.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

loru1588

The original Sperm Whale was release as a vinyl kit. Beautiful piece.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.