News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

How do you think dinosaur toy wil be in future?

Started by croatasaurus, December 30, 2014, 12:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

croatasaurus

I think they will be programmed to act like a real dinosaurs and I think that the dino toys would indide first have like a plastic skeleton and then like some muscles which can be edible

triceratops83

That's called a chicken ;) Well, except for the plastic bones part...
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

SpittersForEver

Quote from: croatasaurus on December 30, 2014, 12:18:50 PM
I think they will be programmed to act like a real dinosaurs and I think that the dino toys would indide first have like a plastic skeleton and then like some muscles which can be edible

So they can eat and hunt and fight? Now that would be good.

Manatee

Sounds like a chicken, turkey, goose, or duck. Also, to me, that would ruin the figures. I don't buy lights and sounds action figures.

SpittersForEver

Quote from: Manatee on December 30, 2014, 01:35:52 PM
Sounds like a chicken, turkey, goose, or duck. Also, to me, that would ruin the figures. I don't buy lights and sounds action figures.

I think he means more like animals made of skin and bone like real ones.

Manatee

QuoteI think they will be programmed to act like a real dinosaurs
I mean this part.

Paleogene Pals

SpittersForEver

stargatedalek

sounds like Pleo Ugobe robots except they eat each other :P

Federreptil

Maybe it would be not spectacular as a little pseudo-breathing bionic avatar. I think if you want a simulation of a living animal, an app in your smartphone will be easier and more healthy. Something like a virtual 3D-tamagotchi because all the so-named lively robots of the last years like "Pleo" are lately very stupid in a limited behaviour. In the best way for a virtual coexistence it could be your own expedition in a endless area of your personal jurassic park as a computer game.

If it come to the real third dimension of models we will have again a plenty of spectacular monsters far from scientific accurateness. Some kid's stuff for Ice Age 23 "the creationists are right" and Jurassic Universe No. 19 "Supersaurs vs. Transformers". Hey and this junk can blink and sound. At the other hand I think the individual 3d-printing is just in its own infancy. So I expect it will become easier and cheaper to get your own design. So everyone can get better representations of his own imagery of the most accurate dinosaur. With feathers or without, spectacular poses and quickly adapted to new suggestions. This could be a glorious future.

sauroid

someday we will all be making our own home made plastic figures according to our own spec (hello future state of the art home 3D printers)...
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

laticauda

Quote from: sauroid on January 09, 2015, 05:32:16 AM
someday we will all be making our own home made plastic figures according to our own spec (hello future state of the art home 3D printers)...

The regular populace will be to lazy to make their own.  If it wasn't for us collectors, the dinosaur toy market might not strive for accuracy, they might only be the imperal variety or digital copies that you can manipulate in game play.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.