News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

P

The best models

Started by petebuster1, January 09, 2015, 01:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petebuster1

Ok so wondering what people think the best dinosaur models are excluding sideshow in terms of sculpting and paintwork, i've just started collecting again so at the moment i have the 2 Rebors and a papo Triceratops

Blade-of-the-Moon

models as in toys/replicas or as in model kits ?

Megalosaurus

As this thread is in "Dinosaur toys (general)" I assume you are talking of toys.

My vote is for Papo "in terms of sculpting and paintwork". REBOR is close, but we have seen only 3 figures of them.

Kaiyodo dinotales are very good "in terms of sculpting and paintwork" but they are so small.
Safari lacks detail & the poses are mostly unispired.
CollectA lacks detail and their paintwork is a painwork.
Yes, every company has excelent figures.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

petebuster1

already made and painted  toys or models not kits

Blade-of-the-Moon

Some companies:
Faunacasts
Safari/Carnegie
Papo
CollectA
Dinostoreus

Examples:
Faunacasts Ceratosaurus
Carnegie Tylosaurus
Safari Postosuchus
Papo Allosaurus
CollectA Therizinosaurus
Dinostoreus Stegosaurus

If you read through the Dino Toy Blog entries you can get a good grasp on what is liked.

Arul

Papo and rebor is my favorite, i love a figure from its detail paint job gesture and head sculp. Untill now, papo running trex is my favorite toys.

petebuster1

what i should have asked was particular models not companies

DinoLord

Hm, if I had to list a few favorites I guess they'd be:

Battat:
Ceratosaurus
Triceratops

CollectA:
Olorotitan
Tsintaosaurus (;D)

Kaiyodo:
Protoceratops
Siamotyrannus
Shantungosaurus
Collect Club Tarbosaurus
JP3 Parasaurolophus

Papo:
Dilophosaurus
Spinosaurus (or at least my custom painted one)

Safari/Carnegie:
Anatotitan
Gryposaurus
Postosuchus
Torosaurus

Sega:
Both the big vinyl T. rex

Manatee

I would have to say that newer CollectA models, Wild Safaris, Kaiyodo Dinotales, Favorite soft models, Battats, and Carnegie sauropods are all very good.

Paleogene Pals

I collect resin/vinyl model kits. For me the best are the old Kaiyodo Dinoland vinyl and resin dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals. Paleocraft and Lu Feng Shan are very good sources for my resin prehistoric mammals. Other established artists such as Shane Foulks, David Krentz, and Keith Strasser produce very good resin kits. And, on this forum, there are several up and coming artists that produce good resin models.

Arul

Trex is a good start from rebor, very curious with the feather one feels like its gonna be amazing

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.