News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sumo's oddly elaborate doodles

Started by Sumo, April 13, 2012, 03:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sumo

(That title won't be accurate for long, knowing me - most of the stuff I draw is sloppy haphazard stuff that usually takes me about a minute to jot down.)

Well, I'm the kind of person who can't listen to a lecture without drawing (and, as a succession of teachers have found out, that doesn't mean I'm not paying attention). These are about half of a set drawn over the course of two days - so far I have 11 pages with two dinosaurs on each, and I'm nowhere near done. I'm toying with the idea of making a coloring book...

The odd composition - or lack thereof - is because I originally planned to take notes in between sketches, so I left the middle of the page blank.

Look, actual shading - the one thing I'm worst at in the whole wide world (well, that and skin texturing).

I first pencilled the general pose, then inked in all the detail with a 005 pen. Later I went back and did the outlines in 05.

Since I drew this in class and didn't have my laptop or a book handy, these are all drawn from memory and completely reference-less. I'm sure there are inaccuracies galore, but I'd love to hear your critiques.

"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

Himmapaan

These are beautiful, Ingunn. If you do make a colouring book out of them, I'm definitely buying.

Darko2300

I love the composition - the idea of taking notes 'between the dinos' sort of speak.  It'd make great stationary.  Who wouldn't like to receive a letter written on that?

Arioch

Really cool stuff! love your style. I´d like to see that Therizinosaur in a higher resolution and painted...

DinoToyForum

These are really quite delightful!  ^-^

ZoPteryx

Great sketches Sumo!

Quote from: Sumo on April 13, 2012, 03:39:23 PM
Well, I'm the kind of person who can't listen to a lecture without drawing (and, as a succession of teachers have found out, that doesn't mean I'm not paying attention).

Same thing with me, the backs of my notebooks are full of dino doodles! ^-^

ITewan

My favourites are the Psittacosaurus and the Ankylosaurus! :D
im a lil tired and a lil hungry

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.