News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My Stuff

Started by Geemfive, January 03, 2015, 09:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geemfive

Quote from: kreativtek on January 05, 2015, 03:03:56 PM
What an amazing Apatosaurus. I would love to have such a beautiful model in my collection. Great job, Geemfive!

Just wait a little until the new Papo is released. Had I known about that before, I wouldn't have bought the WS and repainted it... . ;)

About the tail: I tried to straighten it with boiling water. Unfortunately only with little success. Even after putting it in the freezer for a day, it went back to almost its original position after a few days. Something I have noticed to happen with almost all WS and CollectA models.  :(

Geemfive

Hi

From now on I will post pictures of my repaints or dioramas in the corresponding categories.
I guess, posting them here was not such a good idea since I am a little disappointed by the lack of response, to be honest...  :-\

Tom

tyrantqueen

Actually the response you've gotten is quite healthy. Most people look but don't post.

dutchdinolover

Tom, great work. You are a gifted artist.

I'm looking forward to your next paintjob. Keep up the nice work

Tallin

I'm definitely keeping an eye on this one as your paintwork seems marvellous thus far. But as always, responses can take quite a while to build and receive regularly until you've established a strong presence in the repainting community - same with any art I suppose! But do keep it up - your work is lovely.

Federreptil

The paintjob of the Apatosaurus is very fine and the model looks so even much better than the original. So it's a good inspiration and maybe I will repaint my apato too because the original stand alway a little bit outside of my focus. The forming of necks, tails, legs with hot boiled water seems difficult. Most of the time I'm also not satisfied with the results.

Geemfive

Got some new stuff:

Dinostoreus Scipionyx

CollectA 1/15 Triceratops (I just couldn't resist...)

I really like that Trike and I will eventually repaint it, but not just yet.
Since I didn't know that the head is detachable, I might even consider repositioning it. Here is what I mean:

What do you think?

Manatee

Cool models! I like the repositioned head; it looks a little better than the original pose, in my opinion.

postsaurischian

Just out of curiosity, there should be a mark on the bottom of your Scipionyx' base - does it say "Favorite Collection" or "Dinostoreus"?

triceratops83

You must have an awesome camera, those photos are crystal clear.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Manatee

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 11, 2015, 02:00:31 PM
Just out of curiosity, there should be a mark on the bottom of your Scipionyx' base - does it say "Favorite Collection" or "Dinostoreus"?

It's a Dinostoreus.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Manatee on January 12, 2015, 12:42:56 AM
It's a Dinostoreus.

That's not an answer to my question and sorry Manatee, you cannot answer it.

Manatee

Geemfive

Indeed it says Favourite Collection on the bottom... .

postsaurischian

Quote from: Geemfive on January 12, 2015, 06:08:03 AM

Indeed it says Favourite Collection on the bottom... .

Thanks, mine also has the Favorite mark.
This corroborates my theory that Dinostoreus didn't produce these desktop models, they just distributed them for Favorite in the U.S. :-\.
Although not feathered I still love this Scipionyx statue, which shows a life-sized juvenile as they found it in Italy :).

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.