News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New Shapeways Wildife Models

Started by mammoth, January 07, 2014, 06:47:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mammoth

Hello everyone,

I have been very inspired by all the dinosaur figures on Shapeways by Krentz, mb-cg, gorgonzola etc and have recently made a shop dedicated to wildlife models. 
I hope this is the correct place to post this as they are not dinosaurs.

Proboscideans are my specialty so I hope to tackle some extinct elephants such as deinotherium, mammoths and mastodons as well.

I only have two 1:22 scale elephants up for now but plan on adding more species in the future.
Here is a link to my shop:
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Congrats-looks great. I hope that you are successful in your venture!
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Gorgonzola

They are gorgeous, and it definitely shows they're your specialty.  I might have to get some for drawing reference!

Can't wait to see your prehistoric elephants, mammoth!
IG: @asidesart
Portfolio: asidesart.com
Patreon (Mostly non-dinosaur stuff and illustration): patreon.com/asidesart

mammoth

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on January 07, 2014, 07:31:22 AM
Congrats-looks great. I hope that you are successful in your venture!

Thank you for the kind words Spinosaurus.

Quote from: Gorgonzola on January 07, 2014, 03:55:03 PM
They are gorgeous, and it definitely shows they're your specialty.  I might have to get some for drawing reference!

Can't wait to see your prehistoric elephants, mammoth!

Hi Gordonzola, your excellent models were a huge source of inspiration, really great set of models you have....I love your sense of posing and dinosaur anatomy.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

mammoth

Yutyrannus

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

copper

they're so pretty! i'm definitely going to by at least the mama elephant : )

mammoth

Thank you Yutyrannus and copper.

I've listed two  new elephants to the shop, a new adult cow and a young bull calf.

Yutyrannus

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

brontodocus

:o I just stumbled across this... Hey mammoth, those are brilliant models, phantastic and very elegant sculpts! :) Have you thought about joining the DTF's sister forum, the Animal Toy Forum? It would be great to see your awesome work there, too. :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

mammoth

Quote from: brontodocus on March 18, 2014, 10:01:34 AM
:o I just stumbled across this... Hey mammoth, those are brilliant models, phantastic and very elegant sculpts! :) Have you thought about joining the DTF's sister forum, the Animal Toy Forum? It would be great to see your awesome work there, too. :)

Hi brontodocus, thank you for your comment.  I completely forgot about the animal toy forum, I'll make a post there too!  Thanks for the reminder.

Tyto_Theropod

This is a great idea! I'd love some wildlife models to compliment my Shapeways dinos (once I decide which to get first, that is...) so I'd totally buy these! Why not try a lion?
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

SBell

Or a brown hyena--or an aardwolf. Nobody makes either of those!

mammoth

I like the idea of a hyena, I might try that in the future.  I have a few other species I will probably do first though.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.