News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Tachiraptor admirabilis

Started by EmperorDinobot, December 10, 2014, 08:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

Ok so this may be slightly old since this was news in October, but it has taken me that long to review the information. Here is Tachiraptor admirabilis.

Paper here: http://rsos.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/1/2/140184

Named for the Admirable campaign of Simón Bolívar, our liberator liberated not just one but five countries. In the end, he asked for nothing. He did not want to be president nor king nor public figure. He wanted all to live in harmony, eschewing political power aside for the good of all people. Unfortunately his dream died when he died, and South America has been limping ever since.

Anyways, this dinosaur has been modeled heavily after Syntarsus, Dracovenator, Dilophosaurus and so forth. It is entirely speculative as it is known from some leg bones.

I am very happy to have a dinosaur named after a historical undertaking from that God Forsaken country of mine Venezuela.

Dan

Very nice patterns, Luis. I'm glad that you found a personal connection with this critter.

EmperorDinobot

This and Laquintasaura. I've been holding my breath since 1998, but the syntarsid here (I know, non-existent term, but I prefer it over dilophosaurid or the like) was totally unexpected. I hope they find more of these. We've been left with nothing but incompletes with Dracovenator, Cryolophosaurus and so forth.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.