News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New Mamenchisaur Described

Started by suspsy, January 29, 2015, 12:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

amargasaurus cazaui

I have the paper for the specimen, I will have to read it carefully however it is my guess that you would not be able to tell a toy of this species from one of another mamenchisaurus species, because overall they seem to lack any visible features that are unique.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

laticauda

Qijianglong, another chinese dragon.  I like "long" better than "saurus".  Dragon is just better than lizard.   ;)  As for more mamenchisaurids toys, lets do it.  The only ones I know of is the Safari Dinosaurs from China, Geoworld, and Invicta. Are there any other ones in the standard toy range?

Chad

There's a dinosaur expo one that comes up pretty frequently on Yahoo Japan for a reasonable price. What's the latest on how flexible their necks might have been?

laticauda

Quote from: Chad on January 29, 2015, 02:28:35 PM
There's a dinosaur expo one that comes up pretty frequently on Yahoo Japan for a reasonable price. What's the latest on how flexible their necks might have been?
From what I have read (doesn't mean it is right), the neck itself was rather stiff, so not very flexible.

Everything_Dinosaur

We put a few more details about the neck, those air sacs and unusual processes on the blog article: More on long-necked "dragons"

Hope this helps.

reinier zwanink

On the moment there is actually a mamenchisaurus on sale here in holland
Dont like the price thou
Invicta Mamenchisaurus dinosaurus
€ 50,00
http://link.marktplaats.nl/m897836036

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.