News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Permian animals

Started by Wellnhoferia, May 31, 2014, 02:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wellnhoferia

Does anybody know of any Permian animals that currently exist as models?

SpittersForEver

Well I had to google some Permian animals and I found that there is:
Papo-Dimetradon
Safari Ltd.-Gorgonopsid and Scutosaurus.

The Scutosaurus is reviewed here  http://dinotoyblog.com/2009/09/07/scutosaurus-wild-safari-by-safari-ltd/
The Dimetradon is reviewed here    http://dinotoyblog.com/2013/08/21/dimetrodon-papo/

Hope this helps :)

SpittersForEver

Or do you mean models as in kits or resin?
Of which I don't know.

Chad

Not sure what type of figure or quality you're looking for, but here's my list (which is by no means exhaustive or even 100% accurate. In fact, I'd welcome any corrections.)

Araeoscelis Imaginext
Bradysaurus starlux
Cacops tokugawa (I've never actually seen this one)
Captorhinus chinasaur (if anyone has one of these or knows where to get one, I would love to have it!)
Casea Swiss Saurier
Coelurosauravus Primeval action figure
Cotylorhynchus Acheson Creations
Dicynodon Tedco
Dimetrodon Everyone and their cousin makes a dimetrodon
Diplocaulus dinotales, starlux, Tedco, playvisions, etc.
Edaphosaurus starlux, bullyland, several chinasaurs
Endothiodon starlux
Estemmenosuchus Jurassic Park
Gerrothorax Playvisions
Helicoprian Yowies, Safari Tube sharks
Hybodus Safari Tube sharks
Inostrancevia Safari
Keratocephalus dinowaurs (ugly as sin, this little guy)
Lycaenops Jurassic Park
Mesosaurus kaiyodo (never have seen this one, either)
Moschops marx among others
Ophiacodon Panosh dinomites
Pareiasaurus shreddies
Peltobatrachus Playvisions
Platyhystrix Playvisions
Procynosuchus  bullyland
Sarcoprion Safari shark tube
Scutosaurus Safari, Starlux, Tedco
Seymouria Tim Mee
Trochosaurus Dinotales Series 3

There are also a fair number of figures on Shapeways and some resin models by people like Shane Foulkes that are excellent if you're looking for top of the line stuff. Some of the stuff above can be comically bad--dinomites, dinowaurs, imaginext--but beggars can't be choosers when it comes to an under represented era like the Permian. Hopefully there will be more Permian and Triassic non-dinosaurs coming out in the near future.

Crackington

Didn't Playvisions have an Eryops too?

Roselaar

Quote from: Crackington on May 31, 2014, 06:53:00 PM
Didn't Playvisions have an Eryops too?

They did, as does Kaiyodo.

Chad

Erypos should be on there, as well. I have that one assigned to the Carboniferous on my list but it definitely counts for Permian.

DC

Cacops TimMee mini and Ralpartha made a nice Lycanops so did Hasbro JP serveral repaints
You can never have too many dinosaurs

suspsy

Wasn't there a Moschops in the Playskool Definitely Dinosaurs line?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Roselaar

Quote from: suspsy on January 30, 2015, 09:30:20 PM
Wasn't there a Moschops in the Playskool Definitely Dinosaurs line?

Indeed there was.

DC

And the tootsie toy Moschops
You can never have too many dinosaurs

SBell

Quote from: DC on February 02, 2015, 04:20:06 PM
And the tootsie toy Moschops

And the FaunaCasts one...but you'll never get it. Malcolm's working on quite the backlog, and those of us who have it aren't parting with it.

ProSauropod

Since it comes courtesy of Shapeways you can actually get one:  GN aka Geene Models aka "that guy" has a very nice Ophiacodon in 1:20.  None of the documented issues with ordering direct.

Arul

Im sorry little bit out of topic, did permian era existed before dinosaur ? Or after dinosaur. Thanks  :)

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Arul

Ohh okay...i thought it was after

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.