News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rest In peace Leonard Nimoy

Started by amargasaurus cazaui, February 27, 2015, 05:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

Very sad day today, with the passing of Leonard Nimoy, the original Mr. Spock . What a loss for the science fiction world .
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

Can't believe it. I grew up watching the show and movies, even though it was before my time.

Rest in peace.

stargatedalek

well this definitely came as a shock to me, he will be dearly missed.

Gwangi

He truly lived long and prospered...but they never live long enough! I'm a casual "Star Trek" fan but I especially enjoyed the original series and Nimoy's Mr. Spock in particular. I was also a fan of the series "In Search Of..." for which he was the presenter/narrator. And as odd as it sounds, I loved the movie "Three Men and A Baby" when I was a kid, which of course he directed. 

Doug Watson

I grew up on the original series and Spock was my favourite character. It was neat that he was able to make a final appearance as Spock in the reboot of the movie series in 2009 and 2013. He will be missed.

Tallin

Rest in peace Mr. Nimoy, you will be missed.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 27, 2015, 07:24:58 PM
well this definitely came as a shock to me, he will be dearly missed.
I hate saying it, but considering his age and his health the past few years, this wasn't exactly shocking news to me, especially considering the blows the entertainment world has taken as of late.  All that being said, that doesn't make it any less saddening.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Paleogene Pals

Truly a sad day. In science fiction, he is a legend. "Live long and prosper". Rest in Peace Mr. Nimoy.  :'(

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.