News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kronosaurus Skull Model for Sale

Started by eromanga12, March 22, 2015, 07:38:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eromanga12

Hey,

I'm selling a one-off prototype Kronosaurus skull 3D print I created. It turned out well even though it is a bit rough.

Click the link to have a look at photos, description, price etc.

http://pkipdinofossil.wix.com/krono-skull-model

Cheers

DinoToyForum

Very nice, look up-to-date. Presumably it is based on McHenry's PhD thesis? Is it based on 3D laser scans of real fossil material or purely sculpted?

Arul

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nicely done! What's the size really? I can see the measuring tape but it that inches, cm, or mm?

stargatedalek

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 22, 2015, 04:01:00 PM
Nicely done! What's the size really? I can see the measuring tape but it that inches, cm, or mm?
A bit of a guess here but if you look at the rolled up part of the tape you can see larger numbers on the inverse side. This would generally mean the side shown is centimeters and the side with larger numbers would be inches. But of course this is largely guess work so take it with salt.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 22, 2015, 04:01:00 PM

Those are cm if you check the description it says it is 25 cm long.

eromanga12

Thank for the feedback everyone.

The model is based on Mchenry's PhD Thesis and it's purely sculpted using his final interpretations of the fossil material and laser scans as a guide.

The tape measure shown directly next to the model is in centimetres.
You're also correct in noting that the inverse side of the rolled-up tape is in inches.

I've uploaded a picture of me holding the model to give you a better sense of scale

http://pkipdinofossil.wix.com/krono-skull-model

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cool. thanks for the pic! I was looking at it a possibility of using it to add a body to  and create a juvenile animal.  :)

eromanga12

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 23, 2015, 02:57:29 AM
Cool. thanks for the pic! I was looking at it a possibility of using it to add a body to  and create a juvenile animal.  :)

Oh cool. We're you looking to use it as a base to sculpt on, or we're you looking to reconstruct the rest of the skeleton?