You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New herbivorous dinosaur species found in Japan

Started by sauroid, March 17, 2015, 09:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

http://www.eartharchives.org/articles/new-plant-eating-dinosaur-species-found-in-japan

a new Iguanodont called Koshisaurus has been unearthed in Japan. It is only the sixth named species of dinosaur ever discovered on the archipelago.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

stargatedalek

I could have sworn there was more than six, are they only counting pre-avians perhaps?

amargasaurus cazaui

There are two key words there that make most of the difference...Named..and dinosaurs. Much of what is found in Japan are marine reptiles and oceangoing animals....and most of the dinosaur material that is found, is generally scraps and too incomplete to work with.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

stargatedalek

Ah yes, that sounds a bit more likely now. Thanks for helping clear my rather confused mind a little bit.

DinoLord

I wonder if Kaiyodo will end up making a figure of this one. Too bad it seems to be very fragmentary like the rest of the Japanese dinos.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.