News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Suggestion: Member Galleries

Started by JoeCamaro, March 12, 2015, 12:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeCamaro

Hello, I know I am new and all, but I wanted to make a suggestion.
I have participated in other forums and in a car forum about the car I own each member has a Garage. In it, they post pictures about their rides & mods and it is pretty cool to go over and look at member galleries.

I don't know how this would work here, if it is allowed or even an option, but it would be kinda cool to be able t check members' dioramas and collections.

Not trying to change things around or anything, just wanted to throw it out there.

Thanks for having me as a member.

JoeC

Kayakasaurus

Quote from: JoeCamaro on March 12, 2015, 12:34:16 AM
Hello, I know I am new and all, but I wanted to make a suggestion.
I have participated in other forums and in a car forum about the car I own each member has a Garage. In it, they post pictures about their rides & mods and it is pretty cool to go over and look at member galleries.

I don't know how this would work here, if it is allowed or even an option, but it would be kinda cool to be able t check members' dioramas and collections.

Not trying to change things around or anything, just wanted to throw it out there.

Thanks for having me as a member.

JoeC

I agree! This is my first forum experience but I was thinking of the same thing. As I'm trying to learn about everybody on this forum when I run across posts it adds tiny pieces to the puzzle. I like to know who I'm talking to. So it would be great to be able to look at galleries and see the work people have done along with their collections. Their are still lots of members that I know sculpt but I haven't been able to find pictures.
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Doug Watson

We have the collections section here http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?board=3.0 and there is another section for dioramas.

amargasaurus cazaui

Doug is right on target...under the collections category many of us own threads and showcase our collections there...for instance I have a few myself...Team Sauropod, and Saurian Sightings to name a few. Taking the concept a bit further, some of us that are heavily into a single brand , have done threads dedicated to that particular brand...there are threads done for lines like Battat, INvicta etc, that showcase those companies, done by individuals with nice collections of those lines. Finally some of us specialize in a particular family, genera or species of dinosaurs...for instance mine is Psittacosaurus. Within the forum you will find several threads I maintain for this dinosaur....one for the toys and replicas, one about anything scientific related to the dinosaur and his close relatives, and yet another that is more related to creating the most accurate, well researched and up to date model of the dinosaur that has even been attempted. In this thread I have brought to bear papers showing the dinosaurs integument, color, scale pattern and so forth and then applied it to various models in the sculpting level, painting and yada yada......point being, you can create a thread to showcase your collection, certain aspects of it, or even only certain species, companies, time periods, colors, or even ...artists
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.