News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs To Invade Los Angeles Thanks To Warner Bros.

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, May 06, 2012, 05:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Dinosaurs-Invade-Los-Angeles-Thanks-Warner-Bros-30690.html

QuoteFrom alien invasion to good cop gone vigilante, some movie concepts are just too rewarding to ever go extinct. Chief among them is dinosaurs unleashed on the modern world. With cutting edge special effects and convincing movie science, Steven Spielberg's Jurassic Park was not only a terrifying summer sensation and box office record-breaker, but also the new standard by which all other monster adventures would be judged. Recently Universal announced plans to re-release Jurassic Park in 3D in 2013, and it seems Warner Bros. is looking to counter with a dinosaur-centered action flick of their own.

Deadline reports that Warner Bros has bit on the pitch for a sci-fi adventure that places a pack of rapidly evolving dinosaurs into the heart of contemporary Los Angeles. Of course The Lost World: Jurassic Park unleashed a T-Rex on San Diego, so if this untitled action feature is going to up the ante these fast-adapting dinos better bring their A-game. Unfortunately, it's hard to say how this film could stack up as no further plot details are being unveiled at present.

We do know the screenplay was penned by Mike Bayman, and John Clisham will helm. Though both are relative unknowns, Clisham has some serious experience working on jaw-dropping 3D epics. A long-time employee of James Cameron's Lightstorm Entertainment, Clisham has contributed to the creation of Avatar and was instrumental in Titanic's 3D makeover. With credits like this, it's easy to assume this dino tale will utilize 3D, but even if it doesn't Warner Bros. seems convinced it will offer some sensational spectacle since the studio purchased the pitch after seeing "early tests," presumably of the special effects. With a script and director already in place, casting should begin in short order, which will offer a keener perspective on this prehistoric-inspired picture.

Sounds interesting...I wonder just how the evolving aspect will play out ?

Little more here : http://www.deadline.com/2012/04/warner-bros-acquires-sci-fi-dinosaur-pitc/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Sharptooth

I fear that the "evolution" they have in mind is making the dinos more and more humanoid, like Russel's dinosauroid or something long these lines...  *yuck*

"I am the eyes in the night, the silence within the wind. I am the talons through the fire."

CityRaptor

Either that or becoming more monstrous, maybe even developing special armor and cybernetics.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Thagirion

It all sounds nice. We'll have to see how it plays out.
Creation. Is an act of sheer WILL - John Hammond
*Thag's Journal * Thag's Flickr * Thag's Youtube *

Gwangi

Perhaps it will be similar to the movie "Evolution", I liked that one.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on May 07, 2012, 12:30:53 AM

I liked that movie as well..especially the dragon-like creatures...;D  and a lot of other people are thinking the same thing comparing the two films premises.

I figure they find some way to bring a group of dinos into the present and some side effect of the process is that start to evolve ...millions of years in a few days..much like in Evolution. What they will turn into is interesting...maybe just birds at the end ? lol

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 07, 2012, 02:40:53 AM

I liked that movie as well..especially the dragon-like creatures...;D  and a lot of other people are thinking the same thing comparing the two films premises.

I figure they find some way to bring a group of dinos into the present and some side effect of the process is that start to evolve ...millions of years in a few days..much like in Evolution. What they will turn into is interesting...maybe just birds at the end ? lol

That would be an excellent ending.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on May 07, 2012, 04:06:58 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 07, 2012, 02:40:53 AM

That would be an excellent ending.

Yeah it def could be..after all the battles and destruction..they finally corner the animals..then as they approach a flock of birds soar out and disappear into the sky. ;)

ZoPteryx

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.