You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Dinosaurs Of Jurassic Park: The Lost World San Diego Museum Exhibit

Started by scallenger, January 15, 2013, 11:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scallenger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5w7CX14dJ0

Recorded by my 13 year-old self back in March 12th, 2000, and not seen virtually since then, here is the wonderful Dinosaurs Of Jurassic Park: The Lost World San Diego Museum exhibit! I remember this was a wonderful after-birthday present to go out to this exhibit and for the first time see dinosaur fossilized skeletons, and also the wonderful Jurassic Park stuff that went with it. I really hope they bring back a version of this exhibit back for Jurassic Park 4. It was very educational and fun.

I made a special edit of all the footage I shot, set to some wonderful and fun Jurassic music. As a bonus, I included what was shot of the video footage that included Jeff Goldblum in the "Extinction Theater".

For more information about this exhibit, and what it was like, visit the link below:

http://www.sdnhm.org/archive/exhibits/lostworld/index.html
Jurassic Time is back... and this time, it will stay with you forever.

Jurassic Time... it can now belong in your own museum.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Gwangi

Cool, I remember that same exhibit but I the one I went to was in the American Museum of Natural History in NYC. I was 13 too but I went in 1997-1998. As I recall we were not aloud to take photos and if we were we didn't anyway. The setup was different but the exhibit was much the same, thanks for sharing.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Dan

The animation at 6:40 was pulled straight from the TLW video game. Kind of pushing the "educational" quality, with a seven ton Tyrannosaurus jumping into the air.

Gwangi

I think they were pushing it when they centered an exhibit around a movie.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on January 17, 2013, 01:01:15 PM

It did get a lot of people in the museum's doors though. ;)

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 17, 2013, 05:09:16 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on January 17, 2013, 01:01:15 PM

It did get a lot of people in the museum's doors though. ;)

I'm sure it did, myself included. I loved it and probably still would.

ZoPteryx

Gryphoceratops

Quote from: Gwangi on January 16, 2013, 09:56:42 PM
Cool, I remember that same exhibit but I the one I went to was in the American Museum of Natural History in NYC. I was 13 too but I went in 1997-1998. As I recall we were not aloud to take photos and if we were we didn't anyway. The setup was different but the exhibit was much the same, thanks for sharing.

I did too.  It was set up in the Blue Whale room right?  I remember there being a few models of the dinosaurs from the movie like pachycephalosaurus if I'm not mistaken.