News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Gryphoceratops collection

Started by Gryphoceratops, May 02, 2012, 06:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryphoceratops

New forums so here is my new collection thread.  We'll start off with my dinosaur shelf.  Basically I try to get one good representative of a genus in roughly 1:40 scale.  I don't have the space money desire to collect every dinosaur toy that ever existed. 

Also I like to organize my prehistoric models by time and place rather than by DNA. 

Shelves.  My two definitely dinos are on top of the cable box.  Inpros in front of the TV.

Critter tanks.  Also I have three of the wild safari Salamanders. 

On the top shelf you can see I also collect griffins.  Second shelf is papo allosaurus and below that is another critter tank and a very old very dead hummingbird. 

Antediluvians, James Gourney stamps, desktop amargasaurus, kaiyodos and fossils. 

Spino and Edmonto teeth, ammonite, dino bone fragment, whale bertebrae, seacow bone fragment, dinosaur gastrolithes, arrowhead(not really a fossil i know) and oyster. 

Love my Pewter Triceratops

CityRaptor

Rock layers span the age of dinosaurs
The deeper the layer, the older the rock
At the top - rock from the Cretaceous
Below that, the Jurassic
And near the bottom, red Triassic badlands
When dinosaurs first appeared

That part of the song just came to my mind. I see that you mainly use Safari for the 1:40 scale. Also a very nice colllection.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Himmapaan

Small (in all senses of the word) and beautifully formed collections are wonderful things in my book.  ^-^

Gryphoceratops

Thanks guys :)

yes Safari and Carnegie are the most readily available where I live (and honestly the best too) but I have quite a few colelctAs in there and one Schleich.  I'm pretty particular about what I buy which is why its on the smaller side...its also easier to manage haha. 

Takama

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on May 02, 2012, 06:41:27 PM
New forums so here is my new collection thread.  We'll start off with my dinosaur shelf.  Basically I try to get one good representative of a genus in roughly 1:40 scale.  I don't have the space money desire to collect every dinosaur toy that ever existed. 

On the top shelf you can see I also collect griffins.  Second shelf is papo allosaurus and below that is another critter tank and a very old very dead hummingbird. 

I see, the Skylanders Sonic Boom. That thing is a piece of softwhere BTW

Gryphoceratops

Quote from: Takama on May 02, 2012, 09:45:30 PM
Quote from: Gryphoceratops on May 02, 2012, 06:41:27 PM

I see, the Skylanders Sonic Boom. That thing is a piece of softwhere BTW

I am aware.  But I just got it for show since she's also a griffin.  I must admit the game is a pretty cool concept though.

Gwangi

Quote from: CityRaptor on May 02, 2012, 07:03:47 PM
Rock layers span the age of dinosaurs
The deeper the layer, the older the rock
At the top - rock from the Cretaceous
Below that, the Jurassic
And near the bottom, red Triassic badlands
When dinosaurs first appeared

That part of the song just came to my mind. I see that you mainly use Safari for the 1:40 scale. Also a very nice colllection.

Symphony of Science! I love their videos. :)

I agree with Himma, small and nicely formed collections are a wonderful thing. I think I actually prefer them that way, so that you can take time to appreciate every piece.

ZoPteryx

Very nice collection!  I like the organization by time period and all of those fossils! :o

Bokisaurus

Lovely collection, nice to see them again :)
And that space... wish I had more space for my figures >:D