News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Brontosaurus is back

Started by Brontozaurus, April 07, 2015, 01:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Ridureyu on April 21, 2015, 07:27:13 PM
Drat.  This news came right after I told someone he was ignorant and anti0science for believing in the brontosaurus.  Now he's enlightened and pro-science, at least until the general consensus changes.

Even a stopped watch is correct once a day.

CityRaptor

Quote from: stoneage on April 27, 2015, 08:05:37 PM
;D  I first saw this news on TV.  They titled it Jurassic Park Was Right.  Then they showed a picture of the Brachiosaurus from the first movie. What?????

No wonder the public is uneducated then, given that they get their info from similar uneducated and incompetent media...especially incompetent given that Brontosaurus is a Stock Dinosaur, therefore one of those known to the public...This also raises the question how Jurassic Park was right relating to Brontosaurus...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Newt

Whoever wrote the TV news spot conflated Brontosaurus with all sauropods, and so believed that the story was that scientists had decided there was no such thing as sauropods, then changed their minds. Therefore, Jurassic Park was right in that it depicted "brontosaurs" (sauropods).

Just a guess, but I think it jives with the facts and the general level of science education among journalists who do not specialize in science stories.

stargatedalek

Or a typo with brachiosaurus =/= brontosaurus.

reinier zwanink

In januari i went to a museum in Den Haag
There i saw a group of kids kind of fighting about some sauropod modelss
As it turned out the museum there called a brachio model a apatosaurus and a apatosaurus brontosaur
Now keep in mind this was a temporary exibit and before the bronto revival
So where they got that idea?? And this was in the kids section as well

CityRaptor

Sounds more like they messed up.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Derek.McManus

[/quote]
;) I think you will find that a traditional watch or clock is correct twice in a day or 24 hour period! Sorry to be pedantic!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Derek.McManus on May 20, 2015, 08:09:52 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 27, 2015, 08:17:43 PM
Quote from: Ridureyu on April 21, 2015, 07:27:13 PM
Drat.  This news came right after I told someone he was ignorant and anti0science for believing in the brontosaurus.  Now he's enlightened and pro-science, at least until the general consensus changes.

More like twice :P

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.