News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich Smilodon

Started by Smilodon rex, March 27, 2015, 08:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smilodon rex

Anybody else think it's about time Schleich did a new Smilodon figure? The current one is awful - unrealistic pose, inaccurate head shape, penis in the wrong place, etc.

Shonisaurus

Sorry to be so hard on my assessment of Schleich but if they make a new figure I do not expect a big deal.

Just look at the figures of the cats of the company, not precisely detailed and are not as perfectionist as those of other undertakings.

Moreover except violet spinosaurus, the kentrosaurus and anhanguera (the latter with objections) I'm not buying any figure on this company so far this year.

It seems impossible to do so sloppy figures mostly company, although they are intended for young children, taking their nation a paleontological museum luxury with superb Fossil remains in Europe, comparable only to his genius to Britain.

This does not mean that Schleich has improved but it is an obstacle to criticize the majority of his figures, independent of the degree of acceptance among children and have a lesser degree in some collector.

On the other hand I know very well the smilodon Schleich and certainly is a palaeontological fudge, apart from this figure that was in his day was pretty cartoonish.

Derek.McManus

It might not be a perfect model but I have to admit I regret not buying it when I had a chance (toymaster store in Omagh, buy one get one free) when will I learn  :'( lol!

laticauda

That smilodon is one ugly figure!

thelordsgym

Quote from: laticauda on June 03, 2015, 09:28:23 PM
That smilodon is one ugly figure!
It totally is....and its based on the figure in the BBC series Walking with Prehistoric Beasts. I collect Smilodons and that one ranks among the ugliest ever....it's definitely time for Schleich to make a new and improved model :/

Megalosaurus

I admire Schleich for make a line of prehistoric mammals.
As for the Smilodon, just replace this one with the CollectA 2015 edition are you're done.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

sauroid

i still want to see Schleich make a new and better version of their Smilodon.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.