News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

ZpinoLord's Dioramas

Started by Sigmasaurus, January 27, 2017, 08:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigmasaurus

just like always, I got bored. So I was wondering, when the 2017 Diorama Contest occurs, I might need to consider some dioramas to take. So here are a few to consider, these are not ALL, but just some. Which one do you like best?

Grazing Trio

Iconic Battle

Out of the Bath

Ambush

The Chase

An Uninvited guest

Hunting Bull

PumperKrickel

deleted

Sigmasaurus

Quote from: SuperiorSpider on January 27, 2017, 09:11:29 PM
Well, the dioramas for the contest have to be new, as in never been published on the web before. So these are all out of the game now.

Anyway, I like "Iconic battle" best.

Nooooooo! oh well, I guess I will make better ones for the future. ;D

Megalosaurus

Out of the Bath is my favorite. Gives better sense of scale.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

BlueKrono

Quote from: Megalosaurus on February 01, 2017, 06:45:42 PM

Seconded.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Sigmasaurus

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 01, 2017, 07:46:16 PM

Seconded.

Yeah. I like that one the best. Like you said, It DOES give a better sense of scale. I will do more shots like that in the future for the diorama competition.  :))

Sigmasaurus

Also, I am going BACK to the place I took that photo, to take some more for the diorama contest going on!

Georassic

Nice collection! Contest tip: avoid photos that show real plants obviously out of scale with the figures.  ;)

GasmaskMax

Hunting bull and iconic battle are my favorites, I think it mostly has to do with the plants looking the least out of place though.

Sigmasaurus

Quote from: Georassic on February 28, 2017, 03:07:57 AM
Nice collection! Contest tip: avoid photos that show real plants obviously out of scale with the figures.  ;)

Thanks for the tip, I actually found out a trick that deals with perspective that is shown in this picture I took earlier today!
I am actually happy on how this turned out, even though it could be better, this is a technique I will be using for the diorama contest! (You can do this for you entry right?)

Sigmasaurus

Quote from: GasmaskMax on February 28, 2017, 03:09:25 AM
Hunting bull and iconic battle are my favorites, I think it mostly has to do with the plants looking the least out of place though.

Thanks! I plan to improve for the future!

SomeRandomPaleoNerd

I like the angle on the chase i would have to say that is my favorite!
"Imagine if you could travel back in time, to a time long before man"

Sigmasaurus

Quote from: JurassicParkin on March 04, 2017, 03:29:54 AM
I like the angle on the chase i would have to say that is my favorite!

Thanks! That one has to be the oldest out of them, you even commented on it before you took a break.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.