News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Alexeratops' Art- The twelve year old

Started by alexeratops, December 05, 2015, 11:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexeratops

yes, another art thread.

file:///home/chronos/u-cad16be64427780082b293a6efce694b6558421c/Downloads/allo%20and%20theri.jpg
(just copy and paste into your website bar)
So far, I can't figure out how to turn the picture. Anyways, a Therizinosaurus sketch (no skeletal used) and an Allosaurus with a large head (skeletal used for everything besides the head). Keep in mind I'm twelve.  ^-^
like a bantha!

EarthboundEiniosaurus

"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

alexeratops

like a bantha!

EarthboundEiniosaurus

"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."

DinoLord

The reason your link isn't working because it's the file directory link used by your own computer - it will not work for those of us not using your computer with its file. Please see this thread for image posting instructions - you will need to upload your file onto an online image host so it's viewable by all, not just on your computer.

alexeratops

Quote from: DinoLord on December 05, 2015, 11:56:52 PM
The reason your link isn't working because it's the file directory link used by your own computer - it will not work for those of us not using your computer with its file. Please see this thread for image posting instructions - you will need to upload your file onto an online image host so it's viewable by all, not just on your computer.
Thank you! Got it fixed!

Behold, Allosaurus and Therizinosaurus (just ignore the stuff in the middle ok?)!
like a bantha!

alexeratops

like a bantha!

alexeratops

like a bantha!

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Very nice, I really like the Therizinosaurus, along with the way you blend the colors together so well. Great work, i'd like to see more of it, keep it up! ;)

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Mamasaurus

I like the giant, awkward birdy-ness of the therizinasaur  ^-^ he's got some personality in his strut. I also think it's interesting that your allo is feathered. I love feathered dinos, and find interpretations of more speculative feathers like on Allosaurus particularly interesting.

That said, I don't think there is any hint of such developed wings on the theri, perhaps more like emu feathers would be more plausible.  Please correct me anyone, if I am mistaken :)

Your doodles look a lot better than mine did at 12! Keep it up!  :))

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

alexeratops

Quote from: Mamasaurus on December 07, 2015, 02:08:05 AM
I like the giant, awkward birdy-ness of the therizinasaur  ^-^ he's got some personality in his strut. I also think it's interesting that your allo is feathered. I love feathered dinos, and find interpretations of more speculative feathers like on Allosaurus particularly interesting.

That said, I don't think there is any hint of such developed wings on the theri, perhaps more like emu feathers would be more plausible.  Please correct me anyone, if I am mistaken :)

Your doodles look a lot better than mine did at 12! Keep it up!  :))
Thanks! Yes, Theri probably didn't have the wing-like feathers, but hey, that's just a theory, A GAME THEORY! THANKS FOR WATCHING.

Thanks guys!
like a bantha!

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

stargatedalek

Therizinosaur wings are somewhat of a mystery. Their ancestors likely had developed wings so the question of whether they had them really plays down to what the claws were used for which would determine whether or not they would need to be removed.

Nicely done, I love the colour palettes.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.