News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Use of photographs

Started by amargasaurus cazaui, March 20, 2015, 07:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

I am currently writing an article for my local group, a gem and mineral society that I belong to. I have mentioned in the past that I do alot of work for them. We are an educational entity designed to spread information regarding earth science . My article is based on the psittacosaurus specimen at the  Senckenberg museum and I wished to make a request of Dr. Admin if I might.
   Within your thread regarding your visit to this facility you posted a few pictures of the specimen I am writing about. I am wanting to request permission to use these photos in the article, of course properly annotated as to source and original owner. I have no problem atributing them but i felt better asking before just utilizing them. The tail close up is especially appealing to me, although I also like the view of the entire slab within its setting
As I stated, the organization is an educational body, and is tax exempt meaning that people will be viewing this work free as part of their membership within the group, and then it will subsequently be availible online as well.
   the precise nature of the article is centered around the question a child might ask..what crayon do I use for dinosaurs? It then goes into detail regarding integument, coloration and patterning as it is known for this specimen etc.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

DinoToyForum

Of course! Email me if you want the original high res versions  :)

amargasaurus cazaui

Very kind of you, and thanks. I will likely request the high res versions when I get the article a bit more doped out, but rest assured you will be notated as the owner and photgrapher.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.