News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Good jurassic dinos

Started by 123hellobgbg, July 31, 2015, 07:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

123hellobgbg

Hey everyone, i just got the Schleich Brachiosaurus from the toy store Franz Carl Weber. I am looking for suggestions for jurassic predators, because the brachiosaurus doesn't seem too happy about the oversized velociraptors xD.

EDIT : Ooops i used my tablet's camera so it's a bit blurry. I'll update pictures soon.

Halichoeres

Maybe an Allosaurus or a Ceratosaurus; they both lived around the same time.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

123hellobgbg

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 31, 2015, 01:21:08 PM
Maybe an Allosaurus or a Ceratosaurus; they both lived around the same time.
Yeah i know but, i want one that's a bit scientific accurate :) . I need to know which company has good jurassic predators. If i can't find one on the toy store. I'll look in the internet :)

DinoLord

Wild Safari makes a great Allosaurus. Papo's is also nice, albeit with pretty oversized feet. As for Ceratosaurus, I'm a big fan of Battat's (available under the Terra series at Target) and Wild Safari's. The Rebor Ceratosaurus is also nice, but also has oversized feet and is pretty pricey.

Halichoeres

Ah, my mistake! DinoLord's suggestions are good ones.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Patrx

Favorite's Allosaurus is pretty good; the only problem I can really spot is the shrink-wrapping. Safari's looks okay, but it's a tripod. Unfortunately, I don't know of a Ceratosaurus I can whole-heartedly recommend as far as mass-produced figures go.

DinoLord

In my experience the Safari Allosaurus actually stands quite well on two feet.

Patrx

Quote from: DinoLord on July 31, 2015, 05:51:18 PM
In my experience the Safari Allosaurus actually stands quite well on two feet.
Good to know! I've never actually owned one, myself.

terrorchicken

Favorite soft model allosaurus. I got it a few weeks ago and its a beauty(along wth the deinonychus.)

Gwangi

The WS Allosaurus stands on just its feet. The tail hangs low but does not touch the ground. The WS Stegosaurus is also a good one for a Jurassic collection.

Patrx

Quote from: Gwangi on July 31, 2015, 08:34:31 PM
The WS Stegosaurus is also a good one for a Jurassic collection.
I agree! Probably my favorite Stego out there, even if it's too old to include the gular scutes.

123hellobgbg

Quote from: DinoLord on July 31, 2015, 04:42:43 PM
Wild Safari makes a great Allosaurus. Papo's is also nice, albeit with pretty oversized feet. As for Ceratosaurus, I'm a big fan of Battat's (available under the Terra series at Target) and Wild Safari's. The Rebor Ceratosaurus is also nice, but also has oversized feet and is pretty pricey.
I couldn't find safari's allosaurus on amazon.de . Is papo's allosaurus 1:50 scale or 1:40?

Halichoeres

Quote from: 123hellobgbg on August 01, 2015, 08:07:54 PM
Quote from: DinoLord on July 31, 2015, 04:42:43 PM
I couldn't find safari's allosaurus on amazon.de . Is papo's allosaurus 1:50 scale or 1:40?

It's about 1:40 going by the largest known specimens.

gfxtwin

The Rebor Cerato and Papo Allo are pretty nice, slightly large feet aside.  :P

I'm also pretty happy with this Allo:

Gwangi

Judging by his collection, I don't think the OP is looking for Rebor or Kaiyodo level models here guys. But man, I do love that Kaiyodo Allosaurus!

A few to consider...

Theropods (predators)
Wild Safari Ceratosaurus
Battat Ceratosaurus
Favorite Allosaurus
Papo Allosaurus
Wild Safari Allosaurus
CollectA Saurophaganax

Non-predators
Carnegie Camarasaurus
Wild Safari Apatosaurus
Papo Apatosaurus
Carnegie Diplododus
Battat Dilpodocus (when it gets re-released)
Carnegie Mirigaia
Schleich Kentrosaurus
Wild Safari Kenrosaurus
Favorite Stegosaurus

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.