You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

A&Es The lost World: Worth the Inflated Price?

Started by Takama, June 01, 2015, 06:40:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Ok so i heard that this is the best Adaptation of Sir Aurthor Conan Doyles The Lost World, so i want to add it to my collection.

However, the price on Amazon is outrageous for a brand new copy.  So is it worth it? is it really one of the Best Dinosaur flicks and i should put my hard earned cash down on it because of its greatness?

http://www.amazon.com/Lost-World-Bob-Hoskins/dp/B00006JDQP/ref=sr_1_6?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1433136912&sr=1-6&keywords=The+Lost+World

Blade-of-the-Moon

I can't recall if I ever saw it before.   There was one with John Rhys-Davies from 92' I liked...but then I'm partial to him as an actor.

CityRaptor

Not exactly the version to show a creationist. There is a creationist priest in that version and he is pretty crazy anf goes even crazier...

Challenger's view at things is also modernized regarding this unique ecosystem.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

HD-man

Quote from: Takama on June 01, 2015, 06:40:09 AMOk so i heard that this is the best Adaptation of Sir Aurthor Conan Doyles The Lost World, so i want to add it to my collection.

I haven't seen the 1925 adaptation, so I don't know how this 1 compares. However, I can confirm that this 1 is MUCH better than the other adaptations in every way.

BTW, what's the difference btwn the 1 & 2-disc DVDs in terms of content?
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Saurian

I saw it as a child,this show  uses some model  dinosaurs WWD,and  many of unnecessary things that were not in the original book

P.S. R.I.P. Peter Falk and Bob Hoskins
Soory,my English is poor

Takama

Quote from: HD-man on June 01, 2015, 08:52:13 PM
Quote from: Takama on June 01, 2015, 06:40:09 AMOk so i heard that this is the best Adaptation of Sir Aurthor Conan Doyles The Lost World, so i want to add it to my collection.

I haven't seen the 1925 adaptation, so I don't know how this 1 compares. However, I can confirm that this 1 is MUCH better than the other adaptations in every way.

BTW, what's the difference btwn the 1 & 2-disc DVDs in terms of content?

The one disc is Pal region only, meaning it cant play on American DVD players. Trust me, if that were not the case, i would not be on this forum asking if i should buy it.

HD-man

Quote from: Takama on June 01, 2015, 09:38:44 PMThe one disc is Pal region only, meaning it cant play on American DVD players. Trust me, if that were not the case, i would not be on this forum asking if i should buy it.

The Amazon UK price is a little better ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0000634BT ). Otherwise, I'd ask for it as an early B-Day/X-Mas gift.
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

leidy

This BBC production of The Lost World is far and away the best 'talkie' adaptation of the book.  Which isn't saying much, but it's a passable effort with decent production value from Impossible Pictures (post Walking with Dinosaurs).  Worth having.

Although the 1992 version severely outclasses it in terms of casting Challenger and Sumerlee.  Rhys Davies is the definitive Challenger by a wide margin.  Too bad the dinosaurs didn't show up.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.