News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

unusuccessful attempt at changing my avatar. please help.

Started by sauroid, August 01, 2015, 04:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

i've been trying to change my avatar but keep getting this message: "Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again." after several attempts. what do you think is the problem?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Arul

Emm maybe you can logout and try to login again in a few moment, then change the avatar

DinoToyForum

Odd, is it still happening? What browser are you using?

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

amargasaurus cazaui

Likely your avatar file is too massive and the system only allows a certain amount of time as it is expecting a smaller file...try reducing the size or changing the format if it is a .BMP to make the file size smaller and thus more...pallatable.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

sauroid

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 01, 2015, 08:55:40 PM
Likely your avatar file is too massive and the system only allows a certain amount of time as it is expecting a smaller file...try reducing the size or changing the format if it is a .BMP to make the file size smaller and thus more...pallatable.
i guess so, but i have the new avatar in two other forums and i was able to upload it just fine.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: sauroid on August 01, 2015, 10:17:15 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 01, 2015, 08:55:40 PM
i guess so, but i have the new avatar in two other forums and i was able to upload it just fine.
Their protocol for how much time is allotted to upload the file might be entirely different....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.