News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

a Triceratops with Thagomizers

Started by MaastrichtianGuy, August 28, 2015, 10:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaastrichtianGuy

so i know u guys heard that some illustrations of the dimetrodon had tall skinny jagged spikes on its back rather than having a sail on its back but what u probably do you hear of that triceratops in real life dont have thagomizers since stegosaurs are the only ones to have thagomizers but what u have heard  that theyre are some or few illustrations that the triceratops is incorrectly having thagomizers on the end of its tail but havent seen an episode of the fairly oddparents named movie magic and theres this scene which is the cretaceous era which has a bat winged pteranodon in the beginning of the scene and to the middle of the scene with the t-rex they have a triceratops sporting or having thagomizers in the end of its tail as you seen in the right side of the scene. so can anyone know whats this thagomizer tailed triceratops is based on?

CityRaptor

It might me a misinterpretation of quills. Or the Stegoceratops, which is actually a rather old concept. Probably the latter, given the rather outdated look of the Tyrannosaurus. Maybe that world is just weird. Normally 10 year olds aren't the size of soccer balls, aren't they?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

alexeratops

I just think the creators just had no knowledge of dinosaurs.
like a bantha!

Dinoguy2

Triceratops with thagomizers goes back a long way in cartoons and cheap plastic toys, kinda like rhamphorhynchus-tailed toothed Pteranodon. It's just about toy makers or animators picking and choosing the coolest bits of various dinosaurs and not knowing or caring which features are exclusive to which species.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.