News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Death of Dan LoRusso

Started by Takama, September 17, 2015, 09:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Quote from: Carnosaur on September 18, 2015, 01:29:43 AM
This was His T-Rex from the original Battat line.
I repainted it a couple years ago and he loved it.

You'll be missed Dan.

Both of the Battat Tyrannosaurus sculpts were sculpted by Gregory Wenzel.  The Battat Terra Tyrannosaurus's colour scheme is by Dan LoRusso though.  Dan based its colour scheme on that of his life-size Tyrannosaurus sculpture in the Museum of Science, Boston.  Photos of the life-size sculpture can be seen on the Dinosaur Studio Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TheDinosaurStudio/photos_stream?tab=photos_stream

Roselaar

Very sad news indeed. :( A great artist has passed away. But among us dinosaur fanatics, his legacy will last a long while.

Arul

JRvr

Tribute Video for Dan LoRusso is on YouTube https:youtu.be/EYLsCi0OHbA.

Crackington

Very sad to hear this news, he was an exceptionally talented and innovative paleoartist and as evident from his posts on the Forum, a really good guy too.

docronnie

So sad to hear about this.  Thanks for all your beautiful creations and for your insights here at DTF. We will miss exchanging views and ideas with you. RIP Dan....
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Meso-Cenozoic

I just now found this thread. I am also so saddened by this news. I was also Facebook friends with him as well. But, I've lost so much online time with this damn move I'm finally finishing up at the end of this month, I haven't been able to keep up on there either. Thank you for posting this thread. I hope at some point other people close to him get to read through this. Although, I'm sure it won't surprise them how much he was admired and how much we appreciated his art.

Thank you, Dan, for the chats and most of all for all the beautiful figures you've created. Every time I look at them, I will always think of you. Your name will live on for a very long time, and your sculpting will keep inspiring new paleoartists for many generations to come. Although I will truly miss you and your creations, I'm glad you're finally pain-free. Say hello to the real beasts for us!

A.Garcia

I was painting one of Dan's dinosaurs when I checked the forum and saw this. Peace and thank you to Dan, and peace to his loved ones and friends.

SpartanSquat

I was out this week and this is so...devastating but the good thing is Dan made great sculptures and he left a great legacy. We witness his work and he is ready for Valhalla.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.