News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Pterosaur Tails

Started by stargatedalek, January 06, 2016, 03:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinoguy2

Yes! Wow that second pic is atrocious. Please never draw ANY pterosaur like that ;)

Almost looks like they used a David Peters skeletal with the tiny skinny wings and frog feet.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Blade-of-the-Moon

lol not sure , just picked it up from google images..seemed to illustrate the point well.  but to clarify the leg position is right?  I've mostly done pterosaurs withe swept back legs.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 28, 2016, 03:30:04 AM
lol not sure , just picked it up from google images..seemed to illustrate the point well.  but to clarify the leg position is right?  I've mostly done pterosaurs withe swept back legs.

I'm not sure there's any real studies on leg position, but I figure it would be adjustable during flight for braking, turning, diving, etc.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on January 28, 2016, 04:58:18 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 28, 2016, 03:30:04 AM

I'm not sure there's any real studies on leg position, but I figure it would be adjustable during flight for braking, turning, diving, etc.

I'll have to give this some thought and see what would work best.  Thanks for being a sounding board and the help!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.