News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Questions about Favorite "Paint the Dinosaur Figure Soft Model"

Started by ITdactyl, November 03, 2015, 08:48:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITdactyl

Hey team,

This is for those who own the "Paint the Dinosaur" soft models by Favorite.  Are they made from a different material?  I'm also curious if they're really that easy to paint.

Got a message from a friend who's asking if I'd be interested in a set (out of the box) that doesn't include the watercolors.

pylraster

Not sure if they are the same or different from the painted ones, but I used primer on them before painting. I used Bosny though, the paint seemed to hold well.

earth108

I personally didn't not touch this series in person yet but there is one who owns couples of them informed me that the material is not such an oily surface like the painted ones. This helps the colour sticks on the surface easier. Anyway, I also prefer primer before painting to make sure. :)     

ITdactyl

ah, thanks for the feedback.  Domo Arigatou!

I asked because his price for the set of unpainted figures is around $10 higher than a set of (out of the package/card) painted figures.  I got curious if it's made of a different material that's really paint absorbent (given that Favorite seemed to have included watercolors in the original package).

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.