News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Canberra Reptile Sanctuary

Started by ITewan, April 19, 2012, 12:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITewan

When I went to Canberra, New South Wales, Sydney, there was a reptile sanctuary(as well as a dinosaur museum) and I went in it. It wasn't that big, but the reptiles were very cool. ;) Sorry for some blurry photo's

A small snake in a terrarium in the entrance

Boa Constrictor

Goanna with ma Gigantoraptor XD

Pig-nosed Turtle

Dwarf Freshwater Crocodile

Blue Tongued Lizard, it was an enormous terrarium with an open roof and you could touch the shingleback lizards, bearded dragons and some spiky lizards and the blue tongues

Inland Taipan

Black-Head Python

Three Mini Dragons (They are so cute XD)

If you look closely there are 2 small black lizards, they were both sleeping and one was suspended by it's belly and it's legs were hanging in the air :D XD

2 Tiger Snakes

2 skinks of some type

Water Dragon

Look carefully and there is a green tree python

im a lil tired and a lil hungry

paleoferroequine

Nice pics, did you take pictures in the dinosaur museum? Oh, you have some duplicates and the Taipan picture is missing. :)

ITewan

I just noticed that, un fortunately, I didn't have enough time to go inside the museum, I only had time to go inside the gift shop and buy some dinosaurs(They had a carnegie Plateosaurus). I promise next time I go to Canberra I will go inside and take some nice photo's :)

EDIT: There is a picture of the Taipan now :)

ZoPteryx

Cool place!  The lizard "touch tank" is a neat idea!

Lio99

I live 2km away from that place and i have been there twice.
I do not think its a cool place its small, it costs allot of money, and they sometimes put a bunch of lizards and turtles into this tank where you could touch them. I'm not sure if they no that it is extremely bad to put different species together.
I went there to take photos of reptiles for my Australian reptile book i'm writing.
Did you see that dinosaur  museum on the same street.   

ITewan

Quote from: Lio99 on April 24, 2012, 07:35:13 AM
I live 2km away from that place and i have been there twice.
I do not think its a cool place its small, it costs allot of money, and they sometimes put a bunch of lizards and turtles into this tank where you could touch them. I'm not sure if they no that it is extremely bad to put different species together.
I went there to take photos of reptiles for my Australian reptile book i'm writing.
Did you see that dinosaur  museum on the same street.

I did, I got my 3 dinosaurs from there :D Next time I go I will take pics :D

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.