News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

WANTED: Favorite Mamenchisaurus desktop model

Started by empire3569, March 08, 2016, 11:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

empire3569

Hello everyone, I am looking for the Favorite Mamenchisaurus desktop model, seen here: http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/laserburst/DSC_4853_zps3bfabcc3.jpg

From what I can tell, the figure was produced for the Japan museum of natural history; I'm not sure if the model is still available at the museum (if anyone happens to live close). Let me know if you have one and are willing to part with it, or if it's still available could pick one up (would reimburse gas/museum entrance). Thanks!

DinoLord

This one pops up on YAJ every now and then for exorbitant prices (~400 USD). I doubt it's still in production.

postsaurischian

Within Japan you could order the Mamenchisaurus from the Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum per mail.
I'm not sure if it's really out of production. I ordered mine in 2013.
I would send Brett a mail and ask if his source could contact the museum.

empire3569

Just talked to Brett about it, he said he will have his contact look into it. Thanks for the suggestion!

empire3569

So apparently the figure was only produced in 2013, what a shame. The above request still stands

postsaurischian

I'm sorry to hear that. It's a wonderful model!
Lucky me - I stumbled over it in 2013 by pure chance.

empire3569

Yes it looks really nice, I think I actually stumbled across it in your collection thread! I was hoping for this to be my first Favorite desktop model; I guess I'll just keep checking ebay and hope one turns up.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.