News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Plasticbeast95's Non-Dinosaur animal collection (ongoing)

Started by Plasticbeast95, October 11, 2015, 08:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanthanotus

Nice collection :),... whatever the "Newts" are labelled, they rather resemble some generic agamid or iguanid lizard than newts or salamanders.

Plasticbeast95

Quote from: Lanthanotus on November 29, 2015, 06:53:34 PM
Nice collection :),... whatever the "Newts" are labelled, they rather resemble some generic agamid or iguanid lizard than newts or salamanders.

Thanks, this is just a fraction of what I have. Yes, I know they are very lizard-like, but they also have gills, so I just took the safe route and labeled them newts. :) They are just generic dollar store rubber animals. The darker one ive had for years.

stargatedalek

Newts lack external gills, the go-to trick for telling apart lizards from newts/salamanders is that newts and salamanders lack nails.

Newt

We don't have scales either! We sometimes do have external gills (facultative paedomorphosis, hurray!), but they're much fancier than those models show. On the other hand, the one on the left does have a red eft-like color scheme.

Plasticbeast95

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 29, 2015, 08:28:48 PM
Newts lack external gills, the go-to trick for telling apart lizards from newts/salamanders is that newts and salamanders lack nails.

Well maybe their a new species of neotenic amphibian! :D

Tyto_Theropod

You've got some very nice pictures there - I especially like the Postosuchus one and the Deinotherium in the stream. Just as a tip, it helps to remove any large leaves from the area you're photographing, and if this is impossible, try and find somewhere where there aren't that many. It helps make the models look real! ;)
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Plasticbeast95

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on November 30, 2015, 10:34:59 AM
You've got some very nice pictures there - I especially like the Postosuchus one and the Deinotherium in the stream. Just as a tip, it helps to remove any large leaves from the area you're photographing, and if this is impossible, try and find somewhere where there aren't that many. It helps make the models look real! ;)

I know, but the problem is that these were taken in the fall, where there are always leaves around. :)

But I was even thinking to myself that some of these shots could pass for real animals, aside from the giant leaves.

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: Plasticbeast95 on December 01, 2015, 07:14:40 PM
Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on November 30, 2015, 10:34:59 AM

I know, but the problem is that these were taken in the fall, where there are always leaves around. :)

But I was even thinking to myself that some of these shots could pass for real animals, aside from the giant leaves.

Believe me, I know the feeling! Lots of deciduous trees around in my area, and although I appreciate them most of the time, the one time I majorly don't is when it's autumn/winter and I'm trying to find somewhere without so many 'giant' leaves that I can't possibly move them all and it will ruin the shot of my models! ::)
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Plasticbeast95

Arul

Wow very nice, i love the way you take the angle :) just a suggestion, try to avoid "human object" (house, wall, cable pool, vehicle, etc) so your diorama will looks more natural :)

Plasticbeast95

Quote from: Arul on March 25, 2016, 11:59:02 PM
Wow very nice, i love the way you take the angle :) just a suggestion, try to avoid "human object" (house, wall, cable pool, vehicle, etc) so your diorama will looks more natural :)

Thank you! :D I try my best to avoid such things, but I don't really have any "natural" places to take pics. :( Aside from a small stream.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.