News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

'When Dinosaurs Ruled' documentary series

Started by utd7, September 05, 2015, 09:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Quote from: RolandEden on September 22, 2015, 06:59:16 PM
At least as a documentary is much better than many documentaries from History, New Discovery Channel programs.

Oh I agree, these are the kind of documentaries I grew up on. They at least contain actual information, even if you have to take some of it with a grain of salt.

HD-man

Quote from: Gwangi on September 22, 2015, 05:13:03 PMThanks for the link, unfortunately only two of the programs on it worked.

My bad.
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Fembrogon

This show was the best when I saw it as a kid; I had it recorded off of Assignment Discovery programs. Quite a few genera on the show were brand-new to me (Zupaysaurus, Megaraptor, Rahonavis), and the music and Jeff Golblum's narration are ingrained into my memory even now.
The South America episode was my favorite.

utd7

Oh this show is so nostalgic and brings back happy memories, yeah I know it is outdated now and there are some mistakes and the CGI is hilarious but it is so much better than most of today's rubbish (Dinosaur Revolution, Clash of the Dinosaurs, Monsters Resurrected,etc). And I like the fact that they investigate obscure species and cover every continent including Antarctica!!

If you guys are reading this thread I would like to know which episode or dinosaur featured in the series is your favourite?
We live in a Jurassic World

tyrantqueen

How is Dinosaur Revolution's cgi "rubbish"? It's some of the best cgi I've seen, easily on WWD's level. It was the writing/narration that was the problem.

Flaffy

Yeah. I agree. Dinosaur revolution had great animation and models, but is brought down by its childish writing. Remember Walking With Dinosaurs 3D? That movie had POTENTIAL, it also had fabulous models and animation, but was ruined by the same problem - childish writing.
:-\ :-\ :-\

Blade-of-the-Moon

By childish I assume you mean overly simple?  That I think is an issue with how they were attempting to make both show/movie with no narration/voices originally. A simplified plot so it would easy to understand, exaggerated movements to make characters..watch both with no voice overs and work well.  But somewhere along the creation process an executive or someone panicked and we ended up with terrible, last minute dubbing and rough cuts.

utd7

When I said rubbish I did not mean the CGI but the quality of the documentary if you can call Dinosaur Revolution a documentary same goes with the others I mentioned. I don't know it could because it is part of my childhood but 'When Dinosaurs Ruled' and WWD are very close to my heart same goes with movies like Jurassic Park and Star Wars.

Anyway I would like you guys to answer my question that is which episode and/or dinosaur featured in 'When Dinosaurs Ruled' was your favourite?

Flaffy

LophoLeeVT

i used to watch the series when i was younger and i have it as a dvd too!!!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

utd7

[quoteEpisode 2 "The Watering Hole"][/quote]

I meant 'When Dinosaurs Ruled'. I only watched one episode of Dinosaur Revolution which had the Cryolophosaurus in it and was slightly disappointed and did not watch another episode.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Been a long time since I saw it..I guess The Real Jurassic Park one really attracted me.

HD-man

I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.