You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Lemme Splash! - parody game of Brian Ford's "Too Big to Walk"

Started by Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews), February 09, 2020, 02:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Samantha Turner, creator of the online runner game "THE BIG DIE" (see here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=7660.0 ) is at it again with a new satirical paleontology game. This time it's an Angry-Birds-style parody of Brian Ford's infamous book, "Too Big to Walk", and the ridiculous "sex lakes" hypothesis he proposed.
Your job is to launch an amorous brachiosaur across treacherous terra firma to a distant sex lake where their beckoning mate awaits. Bonus points if you smash all the turtles along the way (inspired by a real turtle fossil found in a sauropod footprint described shortly before this game's release).

Note: It doesn't matter if the dinosaurs are actually touching (or even if it looks like either of them actually survived) as long as they both make it to the water. Presumably they spawn like salmon.  ;)
https://dinodadreviews.com/2020/01/15/lemme-splash/

Ravonium

Just completed all the levels; this is a pretty fun game!  :)

ITdactyl

Heh... those stage names are just making my inner 10-yr old double over with laughter, and my hidden 40-yr old self blush.

Both my niece and nephew (who often stay over) use this account to browse their favorite dino-posts.  I feel like a prude for saying it, but I don't want them to find this game yet.

Ravonium

Quote from: ITdactyl on February 10, 2020, 01:17:38 PM
Both my niece and nephew (who often stay over) use this account to browse their favorite dino-posts.  I feel like a prude for saying it, but I don't want them to find this game yet.

avatar_ITdactyl @ITdactyl If you don't mind me asking, how old are your niece and nephew? (also, sorry if this seems like a late reply)

ITdactyl

No worries.  The girl's 8, and the little carnotaurus is turning 7.  They found the game but it didn't pique their interest, so I didn't feel obligated to supervise and explain the dialogue and innuendo.

Ravonium

Quote from: ITdactyl on February 14, 2020, 09:03:05 PM
No worries.  The girl's 8, and the little carnotaurus is turning 7.  They found the game but it didn't pique their interest, so I didn't feel obligated to supervise and explain the dialogue and innuendo.

Thanks - in that case, it was probably for the best that you didn't want them to find this game   :P

Libraraptor

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.