News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Organic Matter From Triassic Fossils

Started by suspsy, June 24, 2016, 10:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0151143

This is exciting stuff! It supports Mary Schweitzer's theory that iron was what preserved "soft tissue" in a 68 million year old T. rex bone!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

btb300

Quote from: suspsy on June 24, 2016, 10:07:05 PM
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0151143

This is exciting stuff! It supports Mary Schweitzer's theory that iron was what preserved "soft tissue" in a 68 million year old T. rex bone!

Regarding the other discovery in that T. rex bone a whole bunch of creationists and evolutionists were battling against each other in the comment sections, it was a fun reading :D I wonder if this will spark similar debates, once it gets out into mass media. I'd like to see that happen...
Inevitably, underlying instabilities begin to appear.

suspsy

Well, this isn't a creationism vs evolution forum, so it's not going to be happening here.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CityRaptor

Let's face it, pretty much every discovery at least leads to creationist comments. And some, such as this to claims. Also found out yesterday, while searching for a specific quote from Jurassic Park,  that they consider the fact that birds existed alongside non-avian Dinosaurs as proof that the former did not evolve from non-avian Dinosaurs. But yes, this is not the forum to discuss this.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.