You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR 1:35 Ceratosaurus dentisulcatus Museum Class Replica “Savage” [updated]

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, February 04, 2015, 01:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

FIVE-one

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to this forum but I had to share my feelings about the REBOR figures. I have to grab my potatoe digger and grip this topic.

I ordered some of their products. I'm really excited to see a brand taking care of making historicaly and paleontologicaly correct models.
The finish is good and the price is faire for a pre-painted, museum quality model.

I already received my SAVAGE and is liking it. But that's not what is bringing me here today.

However, like some (several ?) of you, I had the stuck jaw issue. Careful jaw jiggling with fingers allowed me to open it after 10 minutes of struggle.
The reason of it : paint was still fresh when the model was crafted and varnish/paint stuck the whole jaw closed.
The result is a little scrash (2 to 3mm long) in the cheek of my Ceratosaurus.

Most of you may think I'm tinkering with it and can be a little rubbish. But for a 40€+ model, I can expect this kind of problem to not happen (let's spare the typo issue on the card, I can forgive it)

But what will follow is hilarious. If you doubted about REBOR customer service, here is what will wait for you if you contact them (see attached picture below, part of the conversation window have been cut for obvious confidential matters)

That's kinda unexpected for a brand trying to look professionnal. I already read some you had skirmish with them to enact their responsabilities, but I wouldn't think this will get this height. This even look childish from a professionnal.

Feel free to keep me in touch. I'd like to have your opinion about it.

PumperKrickel

deleted

FIVE-one

Well, I'd expect them to recognize their lack of quality control. Especialy from a brand situating itself as a high-end product seller.

Maybe special discount/replacement for customers having this kind of issue, like other brands do with their customers when you can proove the fault is from their own. (i.e. Game Workshop offers free replacements if a kit is broken even in transport)

ps : at least, their last line is pretty surprising from a customer service...

PumperKrickel

deleted

FIVE-one

Cause I ordered it through mail, and I don't think the shop is responsible for this. Moreover, it was their last one.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.