You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Which Sideshow should I save up for? Please show me yours!

Started by Raptorqueen89, February 15, 2016, 05:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raptorqueen89

Forgive me if there is a 'general' sideshow thread, but I was just wondering about your opinions on which ones look best on display.  I actually adore the Styracosaurus, however, I watched a review that mentioned the paint job wasn't the best.  I think it may have been the newer version.  When spending that much money I want to be blown away!  Anyway, which are your favourite, and if you have any, please share with me  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

blown away eh?  let's see..are you fond of herbivores or carnivores? Do you like standalone maquettes or the diorama/battle pieces?  Is blood an issue?  Does size matter?

Raptorqueen89

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 15, 2016, 06:46:33 PM
blown away eh?  let's see..are you fond of herbivores or carnivores? Do you like standalone maquettes or the diorama/battle pieces?  Is blood an issue?  Does size matter?

It's a tough one, I definitely love both Carnivore and Herbivore.  I like both Standalone and maquettes haha.  Blood is not an issue, that Deinosuchus eating the Parasaurolophus looks amazing!  Size could be an issue, but if I'm only after one at the moment, I don't really mind.  What are they made of?  Resin?

Thanks, Sam :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Raptorqueen89 on February 16, 2016, 03:48:14 AM

It's a tough one, I definitely love both Carnivore and Herbivore.  I like both Standalone and maquettes haha.  Blood is not an issue, that Deinosuchus eating the Parasaurolophus looks amazing!  Size could be an issue, but if I'm only after one at the moment, I don't really mind.  What are they made of?  Resin?

Your asking a pretty difficult question, for others to make a decision for you.  The center piece of the collection was meant to be the Stegosaurus, so I would go with it I suppose. Large, draws the eye,  two dinosaur, good paint apps..pretty much good on all counts.
A resin or poly-resin.   

J.R.S T REX

I really like the Styracosaurus as well.  I currently have the new Stegasaurus and the Tyrannosaurus Rex The King Tyrant.

Raptorqueen89

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 16, 2016, 04:57:20 AM
Quote from: Raptorqueen89 on February 16, 2016, 03:48:14 AM

Sorry, I will obviously make my own decision, Its just nice to have opinions from people who already have them.

Your asking a pretty difficult question, for others to make a decision for you.  The center piece of the collection was meant to be the Stegosaurus, so I would go with it I suppose. Large, draws the eye,  two dinosaur, good paint apps..pretty much good on all counts.
A resin or poly-resin.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Raptorqueen89 on February 16, 2016, 03:49:01 AM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on February 15, 2016, 06:10:30 PM
Mosasaur:

Soooo beautiful!  Do you have anymore?

It's the only one I have in my collection.
And that's not because of the price but the size.
I don't know if you have already seen a Sideshow figure in person but it's huge and unfortunately  I haven't so much space at my home to collect many of them..  :'(
The Sideshow models are wonderful, very well sculpted and painted.
Sure you can't go wrong choosing one of them.
The Sideshow Dinosauria is a limited quantity line.
My Mosasaur statue is a 1000 worldwide pieces edition ( I have the 648 ).
Actually the Mosasaur statue is still available but with a different color (it's called "Amber Edition" and it's lighter coloured).
Other models may have different quantity available but they are all available with number limitation..
It's not easy to find the older models (as the Deinosuchus vs Parasaurolophus ) at reasonable prices.
The old and fantastic Tyrannosaurus maquette by Krentz (350 pieces available) was priced over 1000 USD on Ebay.
Good luck and let us know what will be your choice.  :)

Rogue1stClass

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on February 15, 2016, 06:10:30 PM
Mosasaur:

I love that guy so much. He looks like a combination of my two monitor lizards

Still, I think I'd get the Tyrannosaurs v Triceratops if I could get just one. But, I haven't gotten any because you can get so many Collecta, Safari, Papo and Battat figures for the price of one of them.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Raptorqueen89

Quote from: Rogue1stClass on February 18, 2016, 01:16:14 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 17, 2016, 11:38:48 PM
Quality or Quantity.. ;)

Quantity's easier to get past my wife...

hahaha love it!  Well my bf agreed, he's very sweet and said it's nice to have a hobby you're that passionate about.  I'm either going to get Stego or Rex...or both :)

Arul

I really want to have at least one sideshow but they are too big and too expensive...well maybe its not my level yet haha

LophoLeeVT

welll i wanna one too...... the price point is really painfull. i am just 14jears old.....
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Blade-of-the-Moon

it would require a lot of saving, but it's doable I  think for many. 2-300.00 really isn't much anymore..a trip to walmart or the grocery store.

tanystropheus

In my opinion, Mosasaur.

It is the only Sideshow that I own. It's a masterpiece. There's also an amber colored version.

CarnegieCollector

I don't own any of them, but I'd vote the mosasaurus. It's big, beautiful, accurate, and breath taking.

However, for the price of it, you could clone a real mosasaur!    :))
Is there an alternate universe in which dinosaurs collect figures of people?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.