You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

1925 Magazine Article on the Silent 1925 Film "The Lost World" ... scans !

Started by tw22, June 15, 2016, 06:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tw22

I was at a sale today and bought this magazine ... it's a "Science and Invention In Pictures" Magazine, May of 1925. The cover is great, and it has an article in there on the making of the 1925 silent film "The Lost World" ... the cover advertises it as "Filming the Impossible." Very cool !

I put some higher res pics of the article here, for you to read and enjoy as you wish :)

That's basically the article. Here are a couple of up-close shots of parts of the pages:

DinoG

Run!

Gwangi

This is awesome, thanks for taking the time to share it. I would frame that magazine and hang it on the wall!

Viergacht

What a fun find! I love the old dinosaur movies, they really had to get creative to make them come to life :)

tw22

Quote from: Gwangi on June 16, 2016, 12:17:04 AM
This is awesome, thanks for taking the time to share it. I would frame that magazine and hang it on the wall!
I was thinking about doing that actually ... what I'd really like to do, is divide it up into four sections, with the cover art, and the three pages that comprise the article. But of course if I did that, I'd destroy it :( I'll probably just keep it as it is :)

Quote from: Viergacht on June 16, 2016, 12:27:58 AM
What a fun find! I love the old dinosaur movies, they really had to get creative to make them come to life :)
Tokusatsu films from the 60's-80's, and their generous use of props and toys lol ... and the old Harryhausen films, those things are awe inspiring.

I think one of the reasons those older films are so beloved in the way they used special effects, is because they basically used the equivalent of "toys" lol. So when you played with your own toys, it was like you were playing with things that were coming to life on the big screen. :)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.