You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Wild Safari paleocene reptiles for 2017

Started by profnik, May 19, 2016, 10:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wild Safari paleocene reptiles for 2017

Megalania
7 (25.9%)
Titanoboa
4 (14.8%)
Meiolania
9 (33.3%)
Colossochelys also know as Megalochelys
1 (3.7%)
Barbaturex
6 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 27

profnik

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

All of these have been done at one point or another, other than Barbaturex. Which would be totally cool!
Hello! We are the Expeditioner's Discovery Guild Enterprise (E.D.G.E.). Subscribe to us on YouTube to get interesting content about Earth's past, present, and future!

✅Email: [email protected]

✅Facebook: facebook.com/ExpeditionDG/

✅Discord: https://discord.gg/RDW4mAk

✅Twitter: twitter.com/EDGEinthewild

✅Instagram: @edgeonthetrail

profnik

suspsy

A Titanoboa would be cool.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

tanystropheus

The Titanboa is actually not that large, especially when considering all the reports of cryptid snake sizes.

tanystropheus

Yutyrannus

Sorry, I have to point this out: only one of these animals is from the Paleocene...

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

CityRaptor

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 31, 2016, 01:52:16 AM
Quote from: profnik on May 19, 2016, 10:35:40 PM
I chooseing the megalania

I thought there is a Papo Megalania...

Papo has a Komodo Dragon. Some sites repurpose the toy as a Megalania. Dinotales produced an actual Megalania ( I own one ) and that one looks a lot like a Komodo Dragon.
And that is the problem. For the public it would just be another Komodo Dragon...Similar problems with some others of those, thus I vote Meiolania.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

stargatedalek

Well there are actually some who believe megalania should be classified as a subspecies of Komodo dragon (I don't disagree, they are ridiculously similar), rather than as its own species let alone genus. Varanus is a huge mess, but if a Savannah monitor and a Komodo dragon belong in the same genus, than obviously megalania does too.

Meiolania is actually my favorite out of these, but I'd rather have a Barbaturex because it's never been done.

terrorchicken

I voted titanoboa, but hadnt heard of  the barbaturex...a giant Eocene iguana-oid sounds cool!

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Voting for Meiolania; I already use the Safari Toob Komodo Dragon as a Megalania. ;)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.