News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Customized Kinto Desktop 1/30 Stegosaurus

Started by Simon, July 24, 2016, 06:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

I picked up this Kinto from Yahoo.Japan a few years ago for about $15.  It had broken and missing plates and spikes. I finally got around to remodeling the missing spikes and plates with putty, then basically just did a light touch up with reds and yellows (for the plates and body armor knobs).  I am happy with the result.  I think this already awesome sculpt just "pops" with a little "dry brushing":

Lanthanotus

Nice figure and a good choice of colors to freshen up the model. Personally I wouldn't have used such a "lacquer" look on the plates, but well, maybe it's a male just flashing up in its best form for mating. :)

Simon

The idea is that its just flushed its plates with blood to warn a nearby Allosaurus to "stay away" ..

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Simon on July 24, 2016, 08:48:11 PM
The idea is that its just flushed its plates with blood to warn a nearby Allosaurus to "stay away" ..

Now you made me curious... where's the Allo? :)

Simon

Quote from: Lanthanotus on July 24, 2016, 09:45:12 PM
Quote from: Simon on July 24, 2016, 08:48:11 PM

Now you made me curious... where's the Allo? :)

Well ... lets just say that an "Allosauroid" type predator is crouching nearby the Stegosaurus, but that photo shoot is under wraps due to the DTF Diorama Contest Rules ...  ;D

...so, stick around the DTF for a couple of years and it might turn up ....  ;)

Lanthanotus

Derek.McManus

Nice reconditioning work, the model does appear to lend itself to some drybrushing work.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.