News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

New Dinosaur Playsets on Marx & MPC book

Started by japfeif, April 15, 2016, 01:35:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

japfeif

Hi! Sometime ago I posted that I was finishing up my book on the prehistoric playsets of Marx, MPC, & related companies. I am pleased to announce that the book is finished and available now. Fully illustrated with over 190 color photos of every major playsets put out by Marx & MPC, and also chapters on the playsets from companies that used the original figure molds (Toy Street, Superior, etc.) or close copies (Winneco, etc.).
It can be purchased thru Authorhouse.com, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and the usual outlets. Retail price is $44.99. However, for a limited time, I am offering an Author's Promotion Sale directly thru me for $38.00 + $3.00 s/h. Payment can be sent via PayPal to [email protected]. Just shoot me an email requesting an invoice and I will get one out to you!

This is limited to 50 copies so act now for the special offer!
The book is also available as an e-book for $6.99.
here is the ISBN number, you can enter it in the Amazon search feature to see some pics of the book and decided if you may be interested.
Thanks all!
Jeff Pfeiffer

japfeif

Quote from: japfeif on April 15, 2016, 01:35:57 AM
Hi! Sometime ago I posted that I was finishing up my book on the prehistoric playsets of Marx, MPC, & related companies. I am pleased to announce that the book is finished and available now. Fully illustrated with over 190 color photos of every major playsets put out by Marx & MPC, and also chapters on the playsets from companies that used the original figure molds (Toy Street, Superior, etc.) or close copies (Winneco, etc.).
It can be purchased thru Authorhouse.com, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and the usual outlets. Retail price is $44.99. However, for a limited time, I am offering an Author's Promotion Sale directly thru me for $38.00 + $3.00 s/h. Payment can be sent via PayPal to [email protected]. Just shoot me an email requesting an invoice and I will get one out to you!

This is limited to 50 copies so act now for the special offer!
The book is also available as an e-book for $6.99.
here is the ISBN number, you can enter it in the Amazon search feature to see some pics of the book and decided if you may be interested.
Thanks all!
Jeff Pfeiffer

Hi all! I am happy to say that my book on Marx & MPC (and other) Prehistoric Playsets has done better than I expected....in fact the first run is nearly sold out (I think only something like 10 copies remain!). I want to thank everyone who purchased a copy, I am very glad that some folks have found it a useful source of info! An expanded edition is in the works, which includes some things that did not make it into the first edition (some Marx look-a-like lines, such as Ajax, TimMee, Ja-Ru, etc.) as well as some picture improvements, a bit of rearranging of sections, and other improvements. We are very excited about the new edition and hope that you guys will be as well. The number of pictures now totals at about 250 and many of the existing ones have been either upgraded or replaced with higher quality ones. 
I will keep everyone updated on it's progress, but I was told that it should be available in a couple months if all goes well (my understanding is that the printing process will take a bit longer than usual due to the large number of color pictures).

Unlike the previous version, this new edition will primarily be available directly from me (at [email protected]) or thru Amazon.
Many thanks for the continued support!
Jeff

Lanthanotus

My congratulations on your success with this book. :)

Being located in Germany and personally only knowing the Marx and MPC figures from knockoffs (mine were from Ja-Ru back in the day I'd guess) it never came to my mind to collect these, but who knows, once my other collections are complete.... ;)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.