News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favorite dinosaur sound?

Started by CarnegieCollector, November 15, 2016, 04:56:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarnegieCollector

Aside from Parasaurolophus, we don't really know what dinosaurs sounded like. They Probably sounded nothing more than bellows like crocodiles and chirps like birds, but still, it's open for speculation. In practically every dinosaur related movie, game, documentary, etc., dinosaurs have their own sound effects.
My favorites are...

The Jurassic park Tyrannosaurus rex roar *drool*
The Carnotaurus roar from Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter (mobile)
The Jurassic Park Raptor screeches
The Jurassic fight club nanotyrannus roar (I think it originated from Carnivores, but I'm not sure)
And the Saurian T. Rex bellows.

Those are my favorites! What are some of yours? It's amazing that we will most likely never know what dinosaurs actually sounded like.  :))
Is there an alternate universe in which dinosaurs collect figures of people?

AcroSauroTaurus

The Spinosaurus from JP3
Acrocanthosaurus from The Isle
Acrocanthosaurus from Primal Carnage
Spinosaurus from Primal Carnage
Dilophosaurus from When Dinosaurs Roamed America
Giganotosaurus from Dinosaur Planet
Carnotaurus from Primal Carnage
I am the Dinosaur King!

BlueKrono

Only the JP T-rex stands out overwhelmingly in my mind.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Jose S.M.

JP Tyrannosaurus will be forever in my memories I think, it's such an iconic sound for me. The raptor sounds also were great and menacing. Most recently I like the Saurian Tyrannosaurus sounds very much.

MLMjp

All sound effects from the JP movies and games are my favorites, with Tyrannosaurus, Raptor, Brachiosaurus and Spinosaurus being my top favorites.
It does not matter how different the real animals were from the portraits on the movies, I will always associate those sounds with them.
The Saurian T.rex has a more plausible and realistic sound? Whatever.....
Even if I have the most accurate representation of a T.rex I will always imagine it with the JP sound.

DinoLord

Like many others, the sounds from the Jurassic Park franchise are the only ones that resonate with me. This includes sounds from JPOG that weren't included in the movie, like the Carcharodontosaurus roar.

Papi-Anon

JP sounds will always have a place in my heart, but I'm even more fond of the Allosaurus sounds from 'Ballad of Big Al', especially all the roars and snarls during Battle of the Salt Plains.

WWD Postosuchus is up there too for me. I get goosebumps every time I watch WWD at the scene where it pounces the Placerias.

WWD Rex's howling roars aren't better than the JP Rex, but they're great in their own way for me.
Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.