News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

There's a new Triceratops in town!

Started by modelnut, August 19, 2016, 11:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

modelnut

There is a new Triceratops figure on the market from Mega Sofubi. It's 37 cm long which puts it at a perfect 24th scale! Too bad it's about $200 plus $20 shipping from Japan or I would buy one today. The colors look pretty dull and nondescript. But, if you look at the face and frill, it looks like it's covered in keratin and not the usual scales!

- Leelan

tyrantqueen

Simon

Not really all that impressed - the body is fine, legs properly muscular, but the head  ...

#1 its got the "cheekless" mouth, which just doesn't appeal to me and

#2 the head looks a bit on the smallish side for the body.

This body would look good married up to a Tokugawa Triceratops head (assuming the two models are in the same scale, which I think they are....)

...there you go, giving me ideas...  ;)

postsaurischian

Quote from: modelnut on August 19, 2016, 11:49:33 PM
There is a new Triceratops figure on the market from Mega Sofubi. It's 37 cm long which puts it at a perfect 24th scale! Too bad it's about $200 plus $20 shipping from Japan or I would buy one today. The colors look pretty dull and nondescript. But, if you look at the face and frill, it looks like it's covered in keratin and not the usual scales!

The model is made by Kaiyodo. The series is called "Mega Sofubi Advanced" and it's in 1:20. It has been released a few months ago.
To me it's one of the best and most beautiful Triceratops models on the market :).
There's also a much cheaper model kit version: http://kaiyodo.ecq.sc/kyd-maex002.html. Mine is built up and painted by Martin Garratt:

RobinGoodfellow

A thread about Megasofubi line already exists on DTF:

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4627.0

Please, don't do a new thread if already there is one with the same discussion...

modelnut

Sorry, Robin.

I did not see it. I saw the notice for the figure in the latest Prehistoric Times so I thought it was a brand new item.

- Leelan

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.