News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Brontozaurus is doing dioramas! How can this be?

Started by Brontozaurus, July 28, 2012, 11:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brontozaurus

I come bearing dioramas.

Old Carnegie figures aren't that good for dioramas, especially the Deinonychus trio because, as I found, it's really hard to angle it so that the base isn't in the shot. This one was taken out in the bush at La Perouse, NSW Australia.

Garden renovations led to a large pile of dirt on the lawn. I thought it looked like an ash field.

On a sad note, I discovered that Utahraptor and Utahceratops were not contemporaries of each other.

Anyway, today we went up to Blackheath in the Blue Mountains (also in NSW, Australia), and I did some walking/taking pictures of Majungasaurus.

Next time I go up (we're getting a house up there, so more trips are guaranteed) I'm going to bring a veritable zoo of dinosaurs to photograph.

I think that the key to making really good dioramas is avoid making it obvious that it's a small plastic toy posed among real plants, because the plants wreck the illusion of life. You could make a diorama with plastic plants to scale with dinosaur figures, but I think that it's more fun to go out and find nice locations to shoot photos.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

ZoPteryx

I really like the second Majungasaurus photo, I think it makes the dino look really big! :D

Balaur

Pachyallosaurus

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Pachyallosaurus on May 08, 2016, 06:01:44 PM
I NEED that Deinonychus!!!! :D

Please, stop posting on dead thread ( last post 2012 - FOUR years ago ).  ???

Brontozaurus

Oh man, this reminds me that I want to post more dioramas.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.