You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo miniQ t-rex and triceratops (Don't get excited...)

Started by brettnj, February 12, 2016, 03:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brettnj

My source just sent me this photo of figures being released under the name miniQ. 

I asked what the name denoted, especially since the figures are from last summer's Cretaceous set, and if the sizes were different.

She informed me that the line represented more highly detailed versions of CQ releases, the same sizes.  As I told her, I can't imagine...

Seems a very odd idea.

Megalosaurus

At first glance, they look like a repaint of the cretaceus set. We need a close up comparison to see the enhanced detail.

QuoteSeems a very odd idea.
I agree.

The "miniQ" name doesn't makes sense to more detailed figures anyway.

But even if it is a repaint, I may end buying that TRex as I like its colors more than the original green.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

DinoLord

I also like the new T. rex color scheme. It's reminiscent of the orange Dinotales Series 7 T. rex.

John

I would guess that they will be made from a different material than the soft vinyl that the original versions from last year were made from.Possibly resin.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SBell

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 13, 2016, 04:47:37 PM
The originals were made out of soft vinyl?

Yeah--not like, flexible rubber or anything, but a less brittle material than original Dinotales--most likely to improve their survivability!

CityRaptor

Ah, thanks.

Thinking about it, the Kaiyodo CapsuleQ figures I have indeed feel softer than the Dinotales I have.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

gursar

Hi,
I am very happy to inform you that mini Q figures finally available to purchase.  ^-^

brettnj

Not sure if sites are offering this with US shipping but I'm getting it for buyers now.

I asked my source the point of it and she says that Kaiyodo notes a higher quality paint/finish.

Megalosaurus

How much will it be for the pair?

I tried to reach you by email but it says:
"Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently"
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

tyrantqueen

Not bad. Not particularly outstanding, but not bad by any stretch of the imagination.

brettnj

Juan, if that was intended for me, try e-mailing again.  No change on my end.  If you get the message again, PM here form now forward.

Same price but with the fees, so assuming shipping isn't inflated, better to buy on the site--not through me.

gursar

finally they are arrived :)) I am uploading some pictures if there is anyone curious how they look like comparing to the older versions. sorry for the poor image quality.

postsaurischian

Thanks for the comparison shots, gursar.
Makes it much easier to decide whether to re-buy them or not.

stargatedalek

Although I have no interest in them I must say they are a distinct improvement.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.