News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ladybird book of Dinosaurs

Started by RKM, July 10, 2012, 08:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RKM

Does anyone remember this book? it was one of my first Dinosaur books as a kid. I recently tracked a copy down on Ebay.
I think the illustrations are pretty good for the time they were commissioned ( late 60's early 70's), especially as its designed for very young readers, though i have to say the Mammoth is lifted from an earlier Zdenek Burian painting The book was illustrated by Bernard Robinson.
I hope you all enjoy the pictures, they certainly brought back a lot of fond memories to me.
I would also be interested to know if anyof you fom other parts of the world outside the UK had this book or knew about it.

[attachment msg=13688][/attachment]

RKM

back inlay

[attachment msg=13689][/attachment]

RKM

[attachment msg=13690][/attachment]

RKM

[attachment msg=13691][/attachment]

RKM

[attachment msg=13692][/attachment]

RKM

[attachment msg=13693][/attachment]

RKM

[attachment msg=13695][/attachment]

RKM

[attachment msg=13696][/attachment]

RKM

[attachment msg=13697][/attachment]

RKM

[attachment msg=13698][/attachment]

RKM

[attachment msg=13699][/attachment]

DinoToyForum

I had that book as a kid, thanks for sharing! :)
However,  forum attachment aren't really suitable for gallery-style posts. It would be better, and easier for you in the long run, to upload the pics onto an image host - Thanks! See: http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,173.0.html  C:-)

RKM

Before I could read I asked my Mum what the grey one was called she said Tricertops so I went charging around the local shop with my fingers for horns shouting look out I'm Tricertops! until an older kid said It's TricerAtops you little idiot!....I was'nt very happy with Mum when we looked in the book again and she said no he's right it is Triceratops! FAIL :-[

[attachment msg=13701][/attachment]

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: RKM on July 10, 2012, 08:30:45 PM
The brontosaurus on that page does look as if it were lifted directly from a Burian print. I have a framed version on my wall that almost matches identically.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

RKM

Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 10, 2012, 08:42:01 PM
However,  forum attachment aren't really suitable for gallery-style posts. It would be better, and easier for you in the long run, to upload the pics onto an image host - Thanks! See: http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,173.0.html  C:-)
Oh ok, sorry I'm a bit of a numb skull when it comes to the internet, I'll do that in future thanks.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: RKM on July 10, 2012, 08:49:38 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 10, 2012, 08:42:01 PM
Oh ok, sorry I'm a bit of a numb skull when it comes to the internet, I'll do that in future thanks.
No big deal. Thanks!  8)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.