News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

work in progress gigi

Started by darylj, May 20, 2012, 07:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darylj

ok, this is my first time painting a dino model.

ive repainted the head and washed the whole figure / added a few highlights, and generally neatened it all up a bit.
im not planning on changing the body colour an awful lot as it just looks so pretty!
i am however going to base the model, which im working on atm.

still got a bit to do with this guy but thought id post to get some opinions.
thanks

[attachment msg=9760][/attachment]

paleoferroequine

This is a good way to start, just clean up and work with the existing paint scheme.  I did this  with the Papo Allosaurus. I also corrected the hands(non-pronated) and did minor head crest work. But I only touched up and enhanced the paint scheme. So you're off to a good start. ;D

Himmapaan

darylj

ok, a bit more progress... kinda learning as i go...
not finished yet, but made a start on the base... still got a lot to do....

[attachment msg=9897][/attachment]

[attachment msg=9897][/attachment]

ZoPteryx

That looks great!  The highlights to the head really make it pop! :o

Bokisaurus

I like your base, very nice.
Good work on that Giga,too ;D

Horridus

Excellent. Just like Martin Garratt, your repaints show off just how good the Carnegie sculpts actually are.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.