You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Prism's unnamed fantasy story concept that he's worked on for years.

Started by CrypticPrism, March 31, 2017, 06:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrypticPrism

So, it just happens that I've been working on a story about a fantasy world. Two people are stuck in a strange world with magic rooms. There are 100 magic rooms, and in each one, a magical creature they must beat. The two are part of a testing done by a race of strange aliens (so far just known as Unknowns). One of the two is Raito(protagonist)(means lighting in Japanese), a 15 year old male who can control electricity, can fly, and shapeshift(limited number of forms). The other is Umi(sea in Japanese), a female 15 year old(shippyshipship) who can crontrol water, has a magic bow and arrow, and can teleport(only when under stress). The two have to work together to make it out and (shippyshipship) shippyshipship ship ship ship. Ship ship ship ship ship. They befriend the first creature they come across, a salamander(magic one) who has fire powers and does something kewl at the last battle. Raito puts all of the creatures they come across in a book(which is why I might call it The Bestiary) and I want to make it into a show because it'd give me a chance to try out animation and I want to actually show what the creatures look like. Oh, also, Raito has a giant sword, and Umi has a bunch of daggers. I'm gonna draw them eventually.

Also, here's a progress chart:

Around 2nd grade for me: the idea came up to make a show where my friends and I were trapped on an island full of dinosaurs.

3rd grade: the series was going to be named cryptohunters and the characters were Owen, Luna and Ben, and a gremlin named Bob. Concept hangs on for several years until 2016.

2016: guy with magic scarf pops into Prsim's head, bam, Raito. Girl with blue bow and arrow pops into head, boom, Umi.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

CrypticPrism

Some of the creatures resemble dinosaur-oh. I need this moved.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."

The Atroxious

You've piqued my interest. It's really nice to see someone else who's interested in dinosaurs likes creating speculative fiction stories. I don't often find people who are passionate about science being equally passionate about magical (or steampunk-esque in my case) stories. I like the notes about your story's progression throughout the years as well. I can relate since I have a story/world being constructed in my head that sort of came together by accident through a bunch of other stories I'd been experimenting with over the years. It's interesting to look back and see how your ideas develop over time to form more and more cohesive settings and plots. I applaud you for taking the time to work all these things out over the years. That shows some dedication.

I hope you'll post the drawings and animation if you manage to complete it here, so long as you feel comfortable doing so. Your ideas definitely show promise.

CrypticPrism

Thanks so much for your support. A picture of Umi and Raito is in the making.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.