You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New specimen of Labidosaurikos, a captorhinid

Started by Halichoeres, July 29, 2017, 05:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

For people into the Permian stuff, here's an open access paper describing a juvenile specimen of Labidosaurikos, which had crazy multiple rows of teeth in its jaws!

http://escholarship.org/uc/item/1zz8w026
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ZoPteryx

I never knew captorhinids had multi rows of teeth like that!  Almost temnospondyl like.

Halichoeres

Quote from: ZoPteryx on July 30, 2017, 08:02:58 AM
I never knew captorhinids had multi rows of teeth like that!  Almost temnospondyl like.

I didn't know before, either! Weird stuff.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Ravonium

It especially looks surprising when it seems so normal on the outside.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Ravonium on August 07, 2017, 01:19:32 PM
It especially looks surprising when it seems so normal on the outside.

You think that's surprising, look at what lies in the throat of a goldfish:

Moray eels are even weirder. Think "Alien".

Newt

Speaking of pharyngeal teeth...the teeth of Labidikosaurus remind me of the pharyngeal teeth of freshwater drum (Aplodinotus).

Good mollusk-mashers. I wonder if Labidikosaurus was supplementing its diet with shelly beasts?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.