News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

WANTED 1ST GENERATION PAPO BRACHIOSAURUS

Started by Ikessauro, April 06, 2017, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

I've noticed that the Papo Brachiosaurus model has been modified both in mold and color from the original release. It's neck is more curved now and the paint is not as good as it used to be.

I'm in need to get one of these original releases. I don't need it to be new with tags, but I do want one in perfectly good condition, no broken parts or major paint damage.

I found one on eBay but the lady selling it refuses to ship to Brazil and besides, it's an auction, not Buy it Now.

If you have one for sale for a reasonable price, let me know. I will pay with paypal.

Ikessauro

No luck I guess. Didn't think it would be hard to find one. :-\

SBell

Wish we could help you--but the one in our house was bought by my daughter, so it's not for sale.

That thing is going to cost $$$ to ship to you; it's insanely heavy!

Good luck though.

Reptilia

Are you sure there's this type of variation in production? I got my Brachiosaurus early last year, so likely not a first generation copy, but I can't see any substantial difference between mine and others I've seen online.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Reptilia on April 27, 2017, 09:00:27 PM
Are you sure there's this type of variation in production? I got my Brachiosaurus early last year, so likely not a first generation copy, but I can't see any substantial difference between mine and others I've seen online.

I've had a 1st generation one, but had to sell it a while ago. Also, i've seen the later ones in person. There are a few differences.  Anyway, if I can't find one, I'll have to settle for the variation in production now.

Reptilia

I know for sure there have been substantial changes in paint job for Stegosaurus and Spinosaurus, plus a first generation Allosaurus is quite different from later production runs, quality-wise. But for the Brachiosaurus is really hard to tell if you don't have two side by side. A comparison photo would be interesting.

Ikessauro

Here are pictures are of the 1st gen. Brachio I bought when it was released, but I sold it last year. Now I regret it very much.

Just compare your Brachio to this and see if it is different. If it is, please, post pictures.

Reptilia

I'm watching my Brachiosaurus and comparing it to your picture, and I actually can't notice any difference. Yours looks a bit shiny, but maybe is just a photo effect, other than that seems exactly the same. But I will further investigate, this thing made me curious.

pako

Hey,

I just received a second Papo Brachiosaurus today (2nd hand), I compared it to mine (bought new) and it has some differences a bit, like the red stripes on the neck... Well have a look by yourself. New is on the left, right is the second hand.

Sorry can't put this one vertical...

Reptilia

To me they look exactly the same. If we consider these two as "colour variants" just because one looks a bit darker we might as well consider every single copy a variant, cause being hand-painted models they all have very slight differences.

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

pako

He said a slight difference not a whole different paintjob  ;) And that's what I can see on those two  ;)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.