You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Opinions on CollectA's 2014 Gastonia?

Started by Dinonado535, March 31, 2021, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinonado535

Opinions on CollectA's 2014 gastonia? I bought him and he is really nice. Your opinions?

andrewsaurus rex

i don't have it but here is a review...opinions of it are very favorable.

http://dinotoyblog.com/2015/01/16/gastonia-collecta/

Brontozaurus

Legit one of my favourite figures, it's just got a charm to it.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Sim

I took another look at CollectA's Gastonia as I was thinking of getting it, but I was disappointed to see it doesn't have a horn under the eye like the real animal did, instead it has a horn attaching to an area where there is no bone underneath, as can be seen when comparing it to the image below.  It's a shame as there isn't another Gastonia toy and with how well the rest of the CollectA Gastonia is made I doubt they are going to make it again sometime soon.

(Image source)

Flaffy

The only decent one on the market atm.

We would've gotten a Battat Terra one as well, but circumstances prevented it's production.

suspsy

I'll never forgive Battat for not releasing the remaining toys. Jim Kirkland was the consultant for that Gastonia, so it definitely would have been a winner.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Flaffy

Quote from: suspsy on January 12, 2022, 12:04:54 PM
I'll never forgive Battat for not releasing the remaining toys. Jim Kirkland was the consultant for that Gastonia, so it definitely would have been a winner.

7/8 years on and I'm still waiting.  :'(

SidB

The disappointment of Battat's refusal to release them and their consistent straight-arming of the many inquiries made to them still rankles.  The disappointment remains palpable.

Sim

Looking at the Battat Gastonia again I'm surprised to see it doesn't have a horn underneath its eye too.  I think I've worked out why it and the CollectA version are like that: the eye is positioned at the front of the eye socket and the horn remains further back.  So maybe the CollectA Gastonia is accurate after all!  Another area that I thought might be off is the width of the head, comparing A in the photo below to 2:16 in the video below.  But I think it might be okay, so I might get CollectA's Gastonia!  Thanks for posting the photos of the Battat Gastonia, avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy!

(Image source)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIw3SaagwC4

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.